ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering a 1.2

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Does a 2004 1.2 16v have a torsion bar? Am in work so I cant go out and check my car and I cant remember if it has 4 springs or 2 and a torsion bar lol

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
God ive had my clio for 8 months now, I know quite a bit about it from modding etc and I cant beleive Ive only just now found out it has 4 springs lol. Cheers guys :)

Arctic blue 182ff
God ive had my clio for 8 months now, I know quite a bit about it from modding etc and I cant beleive Ive only just now found out it has 4 springs lol. Cheers guys :)

why didnt you just have a look???

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Am at work at the moment so I cant go out to my car yet and Ive been talking to some about buying some 172 springs of him. Ive had a look before at the rear but ive always looked from the side and not from the behind which is why ive thought there wasnt springs on the back

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
im pretty certain 172 dont fit... why would they sell others?

What so you think 172 springs wouldnt fit? Ive found someone that is selling them and have been told by him that the 172 springs would fit my 1.2 but am not sure yet

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
get coilovers :) mine arrived yesterday

I would do but they cost like 200+ quid dont they, am lukin to spend much much less lol these 172 springs that have found were cheap but dont want to get them if the rides gona be of and they wont lower my car much

Fiesta, Asta, Clio
he's just tryin to sell it on, probably wont care if it fits or not afterwards, listen to these guys and look for coilovers, 172 springs wont make it lower because they r jus standard for 172?

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
he's just tryin to sell it on, probably wont care if it fits or not afterwards, listen to these guys and look for coilovers, 172 springs wont make it lower because they r jus standard for 172?

Yea your most probably right there mate.
Think am just going to leave it and not bother with them.

Renault clio mk2
you can fit the original suspension from the 182 cup with a Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs the car will be just amazing especially if you like turning!another idea is the Koni sport-adjustable- with a set of H&R 35mm-50mm I have them in mine I am very pleased!do not try to lower your car with the original suspension because it won' t work properly and the suspension eill go off in a few months!

you can fit the original suspension from the 182 cup with a Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs the car will be just amazing especially if you like turning!another idea is the Koni sport-adjustable- with a set of H&R 35mm-50mm I have them in mine I am very pleased!do not try to lower your car with the original suspension because it won' t work properly and the suspension eill go off in a few months!

Using 182 cup shock withoput modification to them is dangerous don't do it.