ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering a car with a torsion bar?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Do it yourself mate it's not that difficult to be honest.

Are you a member of clio16valver.co.uk ??

There is a very good guide on there.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i wouldnt do it urself if ur not very mechanical, most garages will do it for around 100-150

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Its a massive pain in the arse tbh - if its rusted in its really difficult.

Essentially remove the dust cap, create a tool to remove the spun in nut, helps I find to do one side a bit then the other then once its come out lower it. Be sure to do it the same on both sides (mark which ridge its on tbh and lower) push it back together which may take some persuassion (read hammer) and do it all back up.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
we charge 140+vat to lower the rear and fit front springs, however if its siezed in, like most are now, there is an additional charge of 60

mk2 slow. . .
i did on my 306 track car, hadnt been touched for 12 years! les say it was rather stuck, first time i had ever treid to attempt anything like it too. Took me 4 hours, its realy not hard, but take your time, there is a god guide on here. If it helps take pictures of each step, so when you go to replace everything you can flick throught he pics to see which goes abkc were and when. With rusted bolts take your time easing them out. slow and steady always wins!