ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering a mk2 Clio

Hey peeps

Im thinking of lowering my T-Plate Clio, its nothing special only a 1.2 RN but Im just sick of how high the thing is sitting!

Can anyone tell me what would be the best drop using just springs to not make everything rattle and generally make the shocks last an ok amount of time on the lowered springs, some peeps have said 40mm is a good drop because its doesnt damage the shocks much and looks nice?

Anyone know how much some lowering srings are for a mk2 Clio?

Cheers

D

:)

youre looking around 70 for springs then the cost of fitting

have a 35mm drop and have had no problems whatsoever

which is why im looking at 60mm

Cool :)

Does it look a lot nicer? and I wont have any probs with tyres rubbing (its running the standard 14 wheels)

If you could post pics for me matey that would be cool :)

What about the camber? Does it sit out ie: wheels like this / \

Cheers matey

Dan

as for the camber, no noticable difference

as for rubbing, you must be joking, fred was running 17s with a 60mm drop and only just rubbed on full lock (AFAIK)

Cool!

Might just have to look into getting that done matey, mine is sitting WAY to high and needs doing, just dont wanna feck my shocks up and make the camber sit out on it :confused:

Cheers buddy

Cool thats what i want, something not too noticeable, im not keen on obvious aftermarket stuff. Look how tractor like our tyres look compare to the Cups! The 15s seem just as big as the 16s though..

-Rob

Lionel Richie

sorry, ill correct myself!!!! 172 = 15 to 20mm lower

Cup = 18 to 23mm lower

approx values (i know the 172 is at least 15mm lower, but i cant remember if its anymore than that) Cup is 3mm lower than a 172

i also have a 1.2 RN and am looking at lowering (great minds think alike starky) and am lowering it 40mm ASAP as it is higher than a canabis smoker and am getting prices between £80-90 for the springs

yea i do have p/s, y? wot diff will that make? i dont want 60mm, want subtle and too many bumps in my area and yes call me a wimp if u want

Yip, agreeing with you there boyracer, I dont want it to look too low, just to sit nicely and not fcuk up and start rattling all over the place!

Im gonna just go for the 35-40mm ones I think as it wont feck my shocks up as quickly then either :)

dont worry fred, i will be going lower when all the repairs are done to my car

though if i could sell my amp i would get the springs tomorrow

i took freds advice and am very pleased i did! Im running 17s on a 60mm drop. No rubbing whatsoever and the ride just feels "sportier!"...could still go further i reckon.
fred have you had to heighten the suspension yet or you still rubbing like a biatch????