ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering a Willy

RenaultSport clio v6 255

If i had my willy slightly lowered on sport springs, by say 50mm, would this improove the handling or would it make it worse?

What is a good lowering distance? if any......

Anyone got a willy with a modded engine, whats good to do to get the BHP and torque rising?

50mm isnt a slightly....its fuggin LOW!

ona willy, i woudnt go too far, keep it balanced, 35mm would be nice.....and new dampers all round really do help. New STD ones..........

If I were you I wouldnt mess about with the suspension, for 2 reasons.

1) The car is already one of the best handling front wheel drive cars of all time, you dont want to c**k it up.

2) Messing with their appearance means they are worth less when you come to sell it.

If you are heel bent on lowering what is already a low sports based suspension set up then Id say no more that 30mm..

Clio 197

Ill be keeping my ride height right where it is. And I spend a lot of time on the track. The benefits of dropping the car a bit are outweighed by the real world of speed bumps, curbs, bumps etc. The car handles very well indeed on the stock suspension.

I lowered mine by 35mm and noticed very little if any difference to the handling side of things - to be honest I think it looks stacks better lowered, just generally more aggressive - but thats all down to personal opinion.

If you get it lowered, which is a good thing - stop at 35mm - Anymore than that and your standard rims(?) will scrape to buggery.

THE BOZ

LOL. all this talk about lowering yer willy. in any other forum other than clios everyone would think we were ready for the funny farm

:)

RenaultSport clio v6 255

Cheers, will keep th ewilly sitting where it is - oh err!

Might go for new standard shocks the as got a bit of a knock from th edrivers side one - wheres the bast place to get them - is it an easy do it yourself?