ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering Advice

clio 1.4
HAVE A 03 1.4 DYNAMIQUE ON 17's AND WANT IT LOWER WITHOUT HAVING TO CHANGE THE SHOCKS, WHAT ARE THE BEST SPRINGS TO GET (MAKE AND SIZE) AND PRICE AND WHERE FROM? (IM IN PORTSMOUTH IF I CAN GET THEM LOCAL EVEN BETTER )
CHEERS.:D

if you want to go more than 20 or 40mm its recommended that you change to aftermarket shocks. Stick to the bigger names, Apex, Spax, Eibach, wouldnt go G-Max coz they are cheap and nasty. If it was me buying them I would go eibach sprotlines (approx 50mm drop) run in on standard shocks untill I could afford the matching eibach dampers.

Chnage the damper as well Imo they make the ride much better.
Pi are the cheap option.
Eisbach (No idea how to spell it) are the best choice but more expensive IMO.

AstraVan Sportive
its Eibach edde

iiiJackiii - lower than 40mm and you should definately change the shocks as well, you may get away with just springs for a 40mm drop as your cars still pretty new, older cars shocks dont tend to last very long when dropped!

Drop me a mail - sales@2modified.com and i will reply with some prices :)

6/468 17poo
Springs are crap, 40mm they killed my std shocks so i bought konis and went 60mm, shocks and springs or coilovers, theres no other good ride quality!
springs just......well spring u round the corners, crap!

doesnt matter if its 1.2 or not, which in thios case its not, its a 1.4, and ok they arent the quickest car on the road, but they give Fiesta Zetec-s' a scare and they are deemed mod worthy! Fred beat 172/182's round the track in his 1.2 with properly setup coilovers!

Anyway, for people who said just springs is shite, yeah it is if you buy shite springs, I used eibach pro's on standard shocks and the ride and handling was fantastic. Not much less comfortable than standard but far superior handling.

I agree that shocks and springs is the best way to do it, but not everyone can afford to do both at the same time, so springs then shocks later is a good way forward. If I was doing it again, I'd buy Eibach sportlines and then later either Koni Yellows or the Eibach shocks.

clio 1.4
40mm should be ok for me, it is only for looks, i only have the car cause i need it for work etc. have my bike for going fast and having fun !
cheers for the help, has anyone got any pics of a 40mm drop on 17's just so i can see how it looks ?

RB 200 Cup!
get Ultimate 35mm springs from K-tec - 65 quid plus VAT - got em on mine and i think they're very good

1.6 16v without an engine
ive got 60mm drop on std shocks with g max n my ride is fine.. i like the bumpyness... makes me feel like im in a go kart... untill i put my foot down lol:eek: