ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering advice

Hi i bought a clio RT not long ago and am now going to lower it, but i would like to know a couple of things. Do i need to buy just new springs? or shocks or wot? for the front. I am only looking to lower it about 30mm how many notches will i need to lower the torsion bat to get this much drop? and is it easy to do the torsion bar or will it cost alot at a garage?
Thanks Phil

If youre only lwering the car about 30mm I shouldnt think youd have to change the shocks. As for the torsion bar, its tricky to get a 30mm drop without loads of messing about. Its probably as easy and cheap to find a garage thatll do the work for you.
When I lowered my car, I adjusted the torsion bar by 1 spline, and this lowered the car about 60mm at least. Its very tricky to do it yourself, and do a good job.