ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering car tutorial - no pics

1.5dci
Thinking of lowering the car, so had a look at the tutorial in the articles section.

Sounds useful, but the pics are not showing.

Is there any way these pics can be put up in the tutorial, or has anyone got any decent pics to go with the instructions.

Want to see how easy/hard it is before I commit

:D

Lots of Alfas
The article was taken over from the old site, there was a thread in the forum/website section about the pics but it still hasnt been fixed. If you have the Haynes manual it tells you in there how to change the springs.

1.6 16v clio priv
Its an easy job mate just replace as per your haynes manuals instruction. you may find that the plastic covers in your right wheel arch rub a bit on full right lock. Mine do. Still got to take the knife to them but otherwise its not a hard job for most competent diy mechanics

1.5dci
Thanks for the info, appreciated.
Been searching the forums for the info,
Will have to get a haynes manual, i know i should have one already :eek:

My car is a 1.5 dci extreme (waiting for the flames now!), i know this car's never gonna be the fastest, im doing it purely for looks!
It seems like apex are the favourites. I have 17's on the car, will a 30 mm drop be okay with these on?

Mégane RS
how come the pictures havent been fixed? not having a go or anything but i remember people saying it was going to be fixed soon

1.6 16v clio priv
bluenoes said:
I have 17's on the car, will a 30 mm drop be okay with these on?

Assuming you have low profiles to maintain the rolling radius of your wheels then...
Have done my front (40mm drop) rubs slightly on full right lock. There are plastic covers inside the wheel arch. Remove/modify these if your arches are rubbing.
I'll let you know about the rear. Fitting that on monday. Remember to test it with your 3 fattest mates in the back.

I doubt you will have a problem with 30mm

1.5dci
bigmonmulgrew said:
Assuming you have low profiles to maintain the rolling radius of your wheels then...
Have done my front (40mm drop) rubs slightly on full right lock. There are plastic covers inside the wheel arch. Remove/modify these if your arches are rubbing.
I'll let you know about the rear. Fitting that on monday. Remember to test it with your 3 fattest mates in the back.

I doubt you will have a problem with 30mm

Thanks for that, i think my tyres are 40 profile.
I think a 30 drop will do the job im after.