ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering DCi - harsh ride?

Hi all,

I know there are lots of threads about lowering, I have read through a few threads and know I can't fit the 1.2 petrol springs owing to the heavier weight up front with the engine - which is on par with the 1.6 and 172 it seems.

I use my car as a daily drive and have had cars previously with coilovers which were a bit too harsh even on the flattest roads so I am looking at getting the DCi lowered on springs and dampers.

I have also read that the stock dampers don't really like lowering springs, the car is on only 125k miles but I am thinking of refreshing the suspension this summer so will get springs and dampers.

Are there any springs and dampers that are ok for a general daily drive without being harsh? Not looking for a full on race spec suspension, but just something a bit sportier - basically looking for an 'OEM+' sort of thing with a few tweaks here and there.

The car is running on the standard 15" wheels, which I guess would give a slightly firmer ride than if it were running on 14s owing to less tyre.

I have also noticed that a -40mm drop doesn't seem to make much difference, so going for a -60mm drop might make more sense coupled with matched dampers.

The car seems to have a bit of a rake to the front at the moment - perhaps owing to the front suspension starting to wear out? The standard front splitter just about clears a standard kerb - eg if you drive forward towards the kerb it would just about clear it. The rear seems to be slightly higher but again this could be due to the lack of weight on the back vs the front.

What do people suggest I go with, I am just looking for a slightly sportier ride (although it does corner pretty well) but not wanting a harsh choppy ride.

I have seen some adjustable coilovers for not too much, I guess those would be a bit too harsh though!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: