ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering help ??

clio 1.2 16v
alrite all..:)

i have a clio 1.2 16v 2005 plate, and got 4 17inch alloys on the car with low profile tyres im just considering now lowering it as i am hoping to get better handling and to stop people saying my car looks like a 4x4 which to be honest i think it does myself ..

now im not wanting to spend silly money on coilovers because to be honest i havent got tht much cash as i am a tax dodging student but reli reli want the car lowered for the looks and handling can people offer me some advice on what to get willing to spend about £50-£100 is this enough ?.. and what sorta drop should i be looking at ?..

Cheeeeers :rasp:

alrite all..:)

i have a clio 1.2 16v 2005 plate, and got 4 17inch alloys on the car with low profile tyres im just considering now lowering it as i am hoping to get better handling and to stop people saying my car looks like a 4x4 which to be honest i think it does myself ..

now im not wanting to spend silly money on coilovers because to be honest i havent got tht much cash as i am a tax dodging student but reli reli want the car lowered for the looks and handling can people offer me some advice on what to get willing to spend about £50-£100 is this enough ?.. and what sorta drop should i be looking at ?..

Cheeeeers :rasp:

Keep with stock IMO either spend a lot or not at all.

Static Low
yeah theres no cheap way around it mate.
if you dont spend the money it will all end in failure.
eibach sportlines should be enough as already said.

LY R27
if you lower the car by 40mm be prepared for it to rub especialy in the back when going over large speed bumps and deffo when having people in the back my mates used to be so bad it started a small fire on the back wheel arch one summers day during a trip to portrush with 5 of us in the car lol that was comical