ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering help.

More poke than viagr
It all depends on what your after and how much money you've got tbh.

People suggest that lowering by or more than 60mm, you'll need to buy some uprated shocks to cope with the added stress. This will of course add £££ to the total :dapprove:

I went for the Eibach Sportlines, from KTec and they have been great. Not the biggest drop, about 40-45mm but its good enough. They are good because the ride quality is still good (heard bad things about Apex), although i do wish it was lower :dapprove:

But it all depends on what you want and what your happy with mate :cool:

More poke than viagr
Note that my profile pic thing is with about 5 ppl in the boot, and is not true ride height lol :eek:

People recommend you change the shocks if going 60mm or lower, but I haven't bothered and a lot of other people haven't and been fine. I'd just save the cash and just go 60mm from the start, you'll end up getting bored of 40.

Fabia VRS
Note that my profile pic thing is with about 5 ppl in the boot, and is not true ride height lol :eek:

do you have any pics of the ride height mate?

so if i got 40mm springs could i keep the same shocks?

coz i dont wana go overboard with the £..

cheers

Fabia VRS
People recommend you change the shocks if going 60mm or lower, but I haven't bothered and a lot of other people haven't and been fine. I'd just save the cash and just go 60mm from the start, you'll end up getting bored of 40.

well if 40 looks good then ill have that coz were i live is like speed bump city :mad: so i dont wana go to low coz i still need to be gettin around with little hastle

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Apex springs for sports are awful, they sag after a while and knock together like fook! Assume they would be just as bad for non sports.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Mine lowered 40mm on apex springs

Jordisbeast091.jpg

F56 MINI Cooper S
well i've got apex on mine, alot of people slate them but i dont have a problem with them. the stance on apex is also v.good imo. but its each to their own at the end of the day mate. other option is eibach springs which i think are more expensive and dont look as good.

bmw e92 330d '09
Go Apex 40mm all-round mate... and if you don't know what your doing with fitting springs etc dont touch it if you get your finger trapped or the spring compressor slips it will be bad. take it to someone you know and is familar with the job and you can trust to do it properly not a bodge job then give him £40.... jobs a good 'en or go to a garage and try and get a foreigner if your cheeky but just make sure you don't ask the boss! :eek: haa haa! ;) most lads would do it for you. good luck and let us see what it looks like when your done and what your opinion is on the springs.

Jamesy