ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering mk1 rt 1.4 energy

Could you send me it please :) i no how to lower the torstion bar but dont its kinda a guessing game with how lower i am doing it

Punto Evo Abarth
if anyones intrested i have some brand new never fitted apex 60mm springs shocks and dampers for a 97 mk1 1.4 rt.

pm me if your intrested.

Fiesta ST
damystics said:
does anybody no how much it is in a garage tho

I was quoted around £150 just to do the torsion bar.... and you know what I said ;)

Seriously, doing it yourself is such a better idea as you learn and gain confidence. It's not THAT hard at all. I did mine with my dad, took about 1-2hr to get it right, then I went and helped my mate and we did it in 45min! :D

It does help though to spray some Penetrating/WD40 spray onto the splines a good week before hand (like twice a day) as it'll make the bar come out so much easier. :) Tools you need on the day...

Axle-stands
Jack(s)
Torsion Bar Tool (Home made)
Torque spanner ratchet thingy
Tape Measure
Hammer

That's it!

http://www.clio-turbo.co.uk/torsion-bar/

^ Torsion Bar Guide