ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering my 172

Thinking of lowering my 172 but not sure what parts i need nor which brands to buy. I would like it lowering 40mm but not sure whether i just need the springs or need a full kit. I want a very hard ride so what do you recommend. My wheels are OZ Super Turismo 16" with 195/45 tyres. Is 40mm a good drop? Any links for cheap parts?
Cheers

apex 40mm or coilovers with adjustable dampening so you can set them rock hard, or an in between would be eibach sportlines with koni special yellow shocks as they also have adjustable dampening.

Cheers for the fast reply mate. Do i actually need shocks to give the hard ride or can i just use hard springs cos some people have told me shocks are'nt needed.

Apex will make the ride harder and lower the car 40mm, but adjustable shocks and a matching spriong (eibach&koni) will give you a firmer ride if you set the koni's to the hardest setting. Best bet is to go for Coilovers with adjustable damping and have them set hard.