ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering my clio HELP!

Renault clio 1.6 16v mk2
I want to put 16"s on my clio and another member suggested i will need to lower it my 60mm, i've spoken to several companies and keep getting differnt answers as to whether i need to by lowered springs and dampers or just lowered springs, can any1 help plz ? don wanna shell out 300 quid when i can jus spend 70 n get the springs!

ClioSport 182
goin 60mm you will have to get dampers as well other wise the ur exsiting ones wil jus pop,these is what demon tweeks told me and also everybody else will say the same.

Renault clio 1.6 16v mk2
cheers fella u'd be suprised ad a couple of places saying i'd get away wit springs coz its a sport model but demon tweeks and k tec reckoned springs and dampers jus wanted to make sure

ClioSport 182
not a problem, im in the middle of tryin to do mine as well, have to have my wheel off and measuring the gap between the the 2 screw holes on the dampers to see if its 54mm or 58mm coz theres 2 kits they do for clio, u might have to do same as well because the fella at demon tweeks sed all mk2 are the same

Renault clio 1.6 16v mk2
yeah its the same as the RSi that came out a yr l8tr but without half leather, it'll hav a vtr and bout on par wit a zetec s so not bad im only 19 so anything quicker would be killer on insurance