ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering My GFs Clio

Custom Clio Panache
my GF has a 1.2 16v extreme Clio, its an 05plate, she is looking to get 17s in the future and wants to lower her car

now the problem im having is that i can only seem to find 35mm and 60mm lowering kits for her car, and her car is rather high with the standard 15" alloys on it

could any1tell me how much i could lower her car with the 17s on before it would start rubbing, and if there r any kits inbetween the 35/60mm range i.e 45mmish?????

any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Steve

Custom Clio Panache
makavelli said:
you can go 60mm wivout rubbing on 17's mate!!!
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!
she wants her car as low as possible - by doing 60mm will i have to take out any of the plastic inserts in the arches at all???

Clio S 2000, it's 1.4 :-(
oh yeah but one thing i'd say...if you go for more than a 40mm you should get uprated shockers as it can put more stress than enough on the standard ones!!

BMW 118d
If you are lowering by that much, I would definitely go for a kit. I have the Apex kit on mine, and I would highly recommend it!! A lot better than the PI springs I had before

VRS
no you dont have to take any lining out at 60mm mate

and yes it is best to get new shocks if lowering 60mm cos of the increased stress but you can get away wiv just the springs

Custom Clio Panache
dont have enough cash for coilovers
she is defo getting the whole kit, but there is a problem with the gap between the bottom strut bolts - theres seems 2 b 2 different types, Renault can't even tell me whch ones she has
also, the guy from PI was saying that loweirng it 60mm will out stress on the driveshafts and the CV bearing, and they need replaced every 2000 miles - now i found this hard 2 believe but has any1 else heard of this??
where can u get the apex kit from budy??
thank you all for your help and info!!!!

Wee_Steve said:
dont have enough cash for coilovers
she is defo getting the whole kit, but there is a problem with the gap between the bottom strut bolts - theres seems 2 b 2 different types, Renault can't even tell me whch ones she has
also, the guy from PI was saying that loweirng it 60mm will out stress on the driveshafts and the CV bearing, and they need replaced every 2000 miles - now i found this hard 2 believe but has any1 else heard of this??
where can u get the apex kit from budy??
thank you all for your help and info!!!!
There 3 typres best way to check is to measure them stick the wheel on full lock and measure the distance between the two bolts on the strut. Most mk 2 phase 2 cars are 58mm though. Renault can tell which you have though on the system.
Thats a load of cobblers there 60mm springs (along with all other companies springs) lower cars about 40mm fornt and 50 at the back. Even if you go down a proper 60mm or however much you want there no issue. Mine along wine many others on this forum have been lowered 60mm or more with no problems if you drive the car hard you might find the bottom ball joint wearing quicker and the anti roll bar busses wearing and the driveshaft if you lower a huge amount might rub the chassic rails (you'r taling about being 100mm low for this though).