ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering on 17" wheels

Hi all,

Ive got 17" wheels on my phase 1 172 with 205/40/17 tyres and am looking at possibly lowering the car with some progressive springs to maybe improve the handling, has anyone already done this and what would they recommend as not lowering the car too much as its used everyday on less than perfect roads!

Chris

Ultra Red Megane 225
i lowered mine on eibach springs, they were ok until the rear shocks gave up. I've now got coilovers and the difference is amazing, although 17's will rub if you go too low.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
I lowered mine 40mm on 17's, bit more more bumpy than your standard ride, but its fine. Could go lower really

Mine's as low as it'll possibly go on coilovers with 17" wheels on 40 profile tyres. It scrapes round corners, so if you aren't going stupidly low then you'll be fine.