ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering on standard shocks

hey guys,
got a 1.2 16v dynamic and wanting to lower it a little bit. just think it looks a bit high as standard, only issue is i dont want to splash the cash and go for full shocks and spring kit, so juat wondering "how low can i go " without having to uprate my shocks. also any sites that have new springs for a decent price

cheers
chris

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i went 60mm for a year on standard shocks with no problems,

but i think thats about the limit,
some CS members will say 40mm is the limit.

cheers, 40 is what i was hoping for, any decent lnks to some kits.if i do drop it 40 on std shocks , there is a good chance i will be having 4 people in the car with a couple of kayaks in the back, would this make it ride on the bump stops?

cheers chris

Hi there.

On my 172 Ph2 I mounted Eibach Sportlines on OEM Renault new Dampers and the handling improved so much without loosing comfort.

Sportlines lower about 30 mm compared with the standard 172 OEM Springs.

hey guys, some mixed reviews here, so if i do drop it say 30 or 40 mil, on std shocks will i be always on the bump stops or will it just increase the chance of bottoming out the suspension, or will it be fine, any links too would be appreciated
cheers
chris