ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering question

Ok, so at the moment, the sunflower is running PI springs, which have lowered the car pretty much the perfect amount for me.

Over the summer, I plan to remove my rear seats again, so that I can easily transport my bike about without having to put a rack on the car.

My only gripe is when I do this, the rear naturally sits very high. What are my best options to lower the rear slightly more to counterbalance this?
Adjustable struts?
Different springs?
Buy some cheap shitty Coilovers?

Fold the seats down instead of taking them out and spend a little bit more time putting the bike in, when needed.

^ as above actually, I find it's actually easier for the bike to sit when the seats are still in, without them it is very very low, and the shape of the boot is a PITA!

Just being on the seats was much easier for me.

I actually used to just flip the seats forwards, but it was a pain, as the only way my bike would fit in was if my passenger seat was shoved right forwards, which wasn't ideal if I have a passenger.

It does raise it quite a bit Tbf. It looks like I've only lowered the front when I do lol.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Can you not just get a cheap set of rear coilovers second hand? (May be difficult to find) Use the standard shocks, and just adjust as and when you need?

My rear seats aren't actually bolted in, I can remove the lot in 2 minutes but they sit locked in position when in place. Maybe try that?

e92 330i
buy some cheap coilover springs ( im sure many people are selling the xmaxx springs as they're so soft ) and buy the adjusters. You can stick to normal shocks as you'll be able to raise the springs so they're not too low for them.

Or just cable tie the spring coils close

only joking.

EDIT: i may know some1 who would sell some coilover springs, pm me and ill ask him.