ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering Springs and Insurance

Clio
Hi there,

I remember someone saying that Tesco's allow you to have 40mm lowering springs, without any extra costs.

Is this true?

I'm currently with Churchill and they don't allow lowering springs (or any mods for that matter) lol, so i'm going to have to wait until my current policy runs out :(

Thanks,
Nick

Ph 1 172
i had no extra charges when i dropped it 60mm tesco only car if it adds bhp anything else and its just cosmetics which wont add anything

RS 172+
I originally insured my RS172 with Zurich Online, after Swiftcover refused to insure me :eek: (I am 54, NCB for 10 years+ and 3 points for speeding last year, my first in 35 yrs). Apparently they just don't like Clio 172's. Fully comp was £375 pa, which I thought was a bit steep (my VW Golf GTI with Swiftcover was £250 pa), but it was the best price I could find at the time.

Following a visit to K-tec for some mods a few weeks ago (lowering, remap, panel filter etc), Zurich Online have now refused to insure me too!

So, armed with the search facility on this board, I came across Greenlight Insurance. What a pleasure to deal with ;)

I completed their online application form late last night, declaring all the mods, and by 1000 hrs today received a quote, a few pounds less than I was paying with Zurich! A quick call, payment by card, and I was insured some ten minutes later.

For anyone with a modified Clio, Greenlight seems to be a competitive place to go.

Good luck.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I originally insured my RS172 with Zurich Online, after Swiftcover refused to insure me :eek: (I am 54, NCB for 10 years+ and 3 points for speeding last year, my first in 35 yrs). Apparently they just don't like Clio 172's. Fully comp was £375 pa, which I thought was a bit steep (my VW Golf GTI with Swiftcover was £250 pa), but it was the best price I could find at the time.

Following a visit to K-tec for some mods a few weeks ago (lowering, remap, panel filter etc), Zurich Online have now refused to insure me too!

So, armed with the search facility on this board, I came across Greenlight Insurance. What a pleasure to deal with ;)

I completed their online application form late last night, declaring all the mods, and by 1000 hrs today received a quote, a few pounds less than I was paying with Zurich! A quick call, payment by card, and I was insured some ten minutes later.

For anyone with a modified Clio, Greenlight seems to be a competitive place to go.

Good luck.

Unless you have a 172 Cup then they wont insure you! in which case Brentacre are great.

RS 172+
Unless you have a 172 Cup then they wont insure you! in which case Brentacre are great.
True, yes sorry forgot to say that. In their own words...

"In our experience, owners of vehicles that people aspire to own do demonstrate a care in their vehicle beyond that of the normal run around or A-to-B vehicle and our premiums are gauged to reflect this."

Funny why this doesn't apply to a Cup owner eh? :S