ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering springs and insurance

F

Fga877444

Hi

was think of lowering my car and thought of telling insurance to cover me. Has anyone tried this? And how much is it. I'm with direct line and was wondering if someone may have done this before

I'm with admiral and I've just declared lowering springs, air filter and new interior and they've charged me £90 extra which is about 12% of my overall policy
depends how much you're lowering by aswell

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
And you asking if anyone has every declared lowering springs to their insurers?

YES! You are suppose to declare all modifications to your insurers or else you risk voiding you policy.

Price will totally vary - ring your insurers and ask!

172 cup
I'm with admiral and I've just declared lowering springs, air filter and new interior and they've charged me £90 extra which is about 12% of my overall policy

How much was your policy before and after if you don't mind me asking around £950-£1000
im guessing?

F

Fga877444

My clio 40mm first car haha and mine was 2100 for insurance haha not even asked them yet

I wouldn't risk not telling them mate, just give them a ring and say you're thinking about putting some on and then see if they will insure you and at what price
if you put them on without telling them then your insurance is void and they won't pay out if you have an accident.

F

Fga877444

Hm is that side to it but with insurance at 2100 a year can't afford to ontop of that lol

BG 182FF
Direct line wont insure anyone under 25 with any mod whatsoever.... Been there, tried that. Found admiral to be reasonable with mods though

F

Fga877444

It's up for renewal soon April so gonna change but gonna fit springs next week :)

F

Fga877444

Rang direct line and said won't insure me with modifications until I've got 5 years no claims :/ ouch

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lol!^

How long is a piece of string?

if you want to void your insurance, I'd really recommend not sharing it on a public forum

If you take out a policy with the mods already added they shouldn't charge you.

I rang up about springs and spacers (they don't know what spacers are so won't charge me, win) and they quoted £34. When I asked why it cost £34 and mentioned; On an old policy and old car I added bumpers and coilovers which also came to £34, then when I renewed with the mods already added, they didn't charge anything extra.

the lady said something along the lines of £17 admin and the rest for the springs, but if you add them and renew, we won't charge you.

Genuinely no no idea how that works.

Admiral, ey