ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering Springs - Question

RenaultSport 197
If you just buy lowering springs to replace the standard ones, do you need to replace any other componants of the suspension set up?

Would you also need to correct the camber and tracking of the wheels too?

Lots of Alfas
Just the springs should be fine on a fairly new car, it would be advisable to go and get your tracking checked. I think kwik-fit still do a free check but its £30 for the pleasure if its out.

RenaultSport 197
Ahh right, I want to lower my car by 35mm on 17's, but the standard set up has 15" wheels and im just concerned my wheels will rub the wheel arch with or without passengers.

Lots of Alfas
You shouldnt have any problems providing the offset of the 17s are ok, the clio has big arches and loads of people have lowered 60mm with 17s.

audi S3
wont rube fella even with passengers the only clio i no thats rubs with 17" and lowerd 35mill is the williams as its got the wider track