ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering thoughts

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
been thinking of lowering my 172 but cant weigh up the pros and cons, I dont want slammed, just to even up the arch gap. Ive been thinking 30mm, whats the general thoughts on brands and how diyable is it with moderate experience. Dom

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
Well no replies makes it cheaper;) No Im thinking Eibach sportlines as that seems the popular choice on a 30mm drop. Anyone got some for sale?

BG182FF
put it in the wanted section, iv got some but waiting to get some cash to get them fitted, think the best positive is the stance and better handling for cheaper money than coilovers

Clio Sport 172
I fitted Sportlines about 3 weeks ago. Sits much better now and handles great. Took about an hour to do all corners.

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
dont think i want to go for coilovers, just springs as my shocks havent covered many miles

re. help fitting them,

There's two great guides in the guides section which show you step by step changing springs, although just realised, you have to be a member to access that section!
But yea really easy to do yourself.

I hope that helps, sorry I don't have any first hand experience of what springs to get, but I think a lot of people recommend sportlines :)

RB 182
Really easy DIY to fit them, just watch you don't pop the driveshaft out and lose the oil, and job's a good un!

Eibach Sportlines for sure!

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
Just need someone to sell me their springs now! what do they go for 2nd hand or is it worth getting new?

1.8 16v, Iceberg ph1 172
Fitted sportlines now, had a bit of fun doing the front without compressors but I cant confirm it is possible with some help! took it out for a quick drive and it definately feels tighter through corners but pleasingly retains ride comfort. The lowering however I can barely see unless it is going to settle down over a few days?

Black Clio GT
it will take a few weeks to settle fully if they were brand new.
should you want to make it handle even better/corner faster in the future keep an eye out for some koni dampers ;-)