ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
lol if i find out mate i will. I duno wats diff between the springs and the lowering kit which is like 5 times as much hmmmmmm

same but i would guess that put lowering springs on standard dampers isn't gunna do either of our cars any gd might last couple of moths b4 they give-in, guess theres a reason the kit is so much more expensive

Low 'n' Slow
just the springs if your gonna lower it between 30-40mm

anymore than that will damage your standard shock absorbers

Last edited:
real shame cos im desperate to lower mine but don't wanna kill it in the process as i don't have another £300/400 quid to fork out for a whole new kit

Low 'n' Slow
Matt_Pleece said:
real shame cos im desperate to lower mine but don't wanna kill it in the process as i don't have another £300/400 quid to fork out for a whole new kit

see above

o ok cheers for that dat sounds alrite might give it ago any one know how hard/easy it is to fit new spring and if 30-40 mm lower will make a visual difference

Low 'n' Slow
do a quick search or post a pic request in the pic section, sure someone will have some pics for you

renault clio 1.2 16v kit
Had my car lowered by k-tec for £150 with springs took 45mins!

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
so is it a bad idea to do it with just the springs yeah is it dangerous too. What u rekon for a full set then on the cheap.

The Beast MK4
spiezels said:
so is it a bad idea to do it with just the springs yeah is it dangerous too. What u rekon for a full set then on the cheap.

Springs are absolutely fine for 30 and 40 drops, anymore and a full kit would be the best bet.