ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lowering

Black 1.2 16V Clio 2
Is it only springs i need to lower my 1.2. Because some1 said i mite need new shocks as well? Is this the case?

Evo 8 MR
Depends, if you want to do half a job then no but if you want to do it properly then get both.

Static Low
u need coilies;)

Ayrshire-04.jpg

You can get springs up to 40mm and use them on the standard shocks, anything lower than that and it's recommended that you get uprated shocks.

Black 1.2 16V Clio 2
You can get springs up to 40mm and use them on the standard shocks, anything lower than that and it's recommended that you get uprated shocks.
Cool. If i lowered it 45mm all round on eibachs (off ktr) would i be ok with just the standard shocks. Would it look good?

Chocolate Bar™
would be ok short term, but 45mm would wear the shocks out quicker. so depends how often the car is used, and whether you can afford to go straight for coils and do the job once.

Black 1.2 16V Clio 2
would be ok short term, but 45mm would wear the shocks out quicker. so depends how often the car is used, and whether you can afford to go straight for coils and do the job once.
kk. where and wat coilies would u recommend?

There are no Eibach springs that lower a 1.2 45mm, it's a lot of pish what they say on the box/website. Anything less than 60mm is a waste of time with a 1.2 clio, I know from experience. I've also been running 60mm springs on standard shocks for months with no problems.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Lowering is ok if you dont mind hitting the bottom on speed bumps etc. I've had 2 lowered cars and the ride is awful on anything other than smooth tarmac. If you have an exhaust that is low as well you will have problems with it catching if the car is lowered.

Static Low
lol. how low is that?

hmm bout 100mm at the back & 90mm at front.

catch it everywhere, its becominga right pain. had to push my car off a speedbump the othernite as the gear stick got jammed and a couldnt push it into first gear.