ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowest Non RS Mk3 ???

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
bio and daydotz, the k-tec springs wont drop the car as much as the h and r's the h and r's are a 45mm drop the k-tec ones are only 30mm. on a car the standard high of ours i would say f**k it and pay the extra £50 and get decent springs with a nice ride height

White Sti Hatch
bio and daydotz, the k-tec springs wont drop the car as much as the h and r's the h and r's are a 45mm drop the k-tec ones are only 30mm. on a car the standard high of ours i would say f**k it and pay the extra £50 and get decent springs with a nice ride height

He aint doing it ne more by the looks of it as he dosnt want to void his warrenty

i was thinking the springs will give me the results i wanted for not much money as a happy medium a drop of 30mm would tidy up the handleing an fill the arches a bit an it wont be low enough to give me any problems or will it not be noticable :S

um

as ive sort of decided to do it

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
well i basically like bio said f**k it to the warrently, its up in jan anyway and any major issues i would have the old springs put bk on before it went in to the renualt garage.
as lemon states it really only affects suspension related issues, if you know a bit about cars you would prob be able to brag the warrenty anyways, basically agrue with them that what ever is wrong wouldnt be affected by the mods you have made.
Renault service i have encounted is crap anyhow, for example my local garage wanted to void my warrenty when i had issues with the exhaust they fitted before it left the show room! all because they couldnt be arse to refit it!

TTRS & V50
Here. If Renault thought the Trophy handled better with parrellel sills i'm sure they would have lowered the rear. Instead, they lowered the Trophy 10mm MORE at the front over a 182 Cup. The rear stayed the same.........

renault-clio-2-rs-trophy-640.jpg

Imo it feels better nose down, the rear feels more playful, turn in sharper. I dont want it too look like some chav Saxo, with its arse dragging down the road. ;)

that just looks dam stupid.

when using it for fast road use, you dont need it to be track spec for handling, as you shouldnt be pushing it that hard tbh.

paralel sills is what its all about, on the deck :O :O

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yeah, you're right... lol

how does it look stupid?

and surely if you were right, the Trophy (one of the best-handling FWD cars ever) would be as you describe!

TTRS & V50
Not denying that, but nose down !? hmmm, not my cuppa tea to look at. but lowering it a lot and evening it out will not drastically ruin the handling, it will still handle spot on, just not as good as a nose diving trophy.

Personaly i would comprimise for the amazing looks, unless you push every corner to the limits on your daily run to the supermarket :S

White Sti Hatch
he owns a saxo chris what do you expect

"if it dont scuff it aint low enough" is the saxo way aint it ??

TTRS & V50
he owns a saxo chris what do you expect

"if it dont scuff it aint low enough" is the saxo way aint it ??

For insurance reasons..both french tbh :dead:

I beleive that comment to be the 'euro' way, and how the vdub scene do things, but each to their own.

White Sti Hatch
Really bad pic but was in the middle of a raod so took it quick lol ne way mine next to a standard height Mk3 :| if i find another ill get a better pic

DSC00100.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Really bad pic but was in the middle of a raod so took it quick lol ne way mine next to a standard height Mk3 :| if i find another ill get a better pic

DSC00100.jpg

LOL thats something i'm gonna do, before and after :approve:

White Sti Hatch
If i wasnt on a main road i would have grab a few more but there was a few cars coming behind me lol will try find another one tonight get some better pics :D

White Sti Hatch
What happened to the 3/4 plate, police tell you to remove it?

Na when dad took it to Chips Away he moaned saying he dosnt want to get caught with it so changed it for him and have never bothered to change it back lol

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
cop cat as in tryin to get two cars together to show the diff in ride height, it was orginally my idea! copy cat :)

White Sti Hatch
cop cat as in tryin to get two cars together to show the diff in ride height, it was orginally my idea! copy cat :)

Well i never knew that ! :rasp:

First one to get pics of it though :approve: found another one over from college so if its there tomoz i shall get some better ones

White Sti Hatch
Just raised it at the rear a tad but think im gonna take it back down along with the front as well :D