ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LSD for Valver

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Colin_S on 05 February 2004

I can supply you a gripper LSD, £950 tho
Excuse my ignorance but what the hell is one of these?!

an LSD supplies power to the wheel which has the most grip IIRC so if you have one wheel of the ground the other front wheel gets all the power !!

erm, almost.

An open diff (normal production diffs to allow for distance differences between inside and outside wheels during cornering) sends all its power down the path of least resistance....so.....if one air is off teh ground, on ice, water, dirt or the inside wheel mid corner it will send the engines power there and that wheel will spin....wasting power.

An LSD LIMITS the amount sent to the wheel with the least grip, thus not sending all the power to it and leaving you with no drive.

Its measured in many ways but i still prefer the old fashioned % scales..

Craig, thats the design of the Quaife ATB, a normal limited slip diff is a ratiod limiter, so if if you had say a 1.5:1 lsd then the wheel with no grip would spin 1.5 revolutions where as the wheel with grip would spin 1 revolution.