ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LSD options

mw897

ClioSport Club Member
  rs2'd Clio 172
So, my gearbox has a few issues that i look to sort within the next few months but I as I'm one to not just fix the problem but upgrade it at the same time so, I want an LSD but only a ATB as I'll use the car for fast road so maybe occasional track day so I don't think I'll need a gripper diff.
I've been looking in to either a quafie lsd or an M factory lsd I just want to know is the quaife worth the extra money?

If it makes any difference it's a jc5-130 box with the bolt in style diff

Thanks

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
If you go quaiffe through @NorthloopCup it actually works out cheaper than the M-facory. As the price from mark is including quaiffe fitting your crownhweel, the M-Factory you need to add that cost and PMS also recommend fitting the additional retaining plate they list on there site

mw897

ClioSport Club Member
  rs2'd Clio 172
If you go quaiffe through @NorthloopCup it actually works out cheaper than the M-facory. As the price from mark is including quaiffe fitting your crownhweel, the M-Factory you need to add that cost and PMS also recommend fitting the additional retaining plate they list on there site
yeah I did see that additional plate which made me ask about this question, ill have to enquire about a quaife one I think as it sounds like the best way to go

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
So is it a case of Gripper, Quaife or M Factory then? I would like to get a Wavetrac if i can, but don't think they do one. Is the Gripper more aggressive?

dan's cast offs.
Is the Gripper more aggressive?

depends on the ramp angle, personally i'm not a fan of them, it's a long story that ended up costing a hell of a lot of money, but mark has said the issues of materials has been resolved.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
So is it a case of Gripper, Quaife or M Factory then? I would like to get a Wavetrac if i can, but don't think they do one. Is the Gripper more aggressive?

Speak to wavetrac, they are in the process of developing a diff for the JC5. As for gripper the issues appear to have been sorted but for reasons similar to bloke i would stick with the likes of quaife

dan's cast offs.
Speak to wavetrac, they are in the process of developing a diff for the JC5. As for gripper the issues appear to have been sorted but for reasons similar to bloke i would stick with the likes of quaife

what problems did you have?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
MFactory has the added benefit on being able to change the final drive unlike the quaiffe.