ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LSD which is best???

clio 172
Hiya all,

I'm really interested in a LSD!

What do u recommend???

I use my Clio 172 cup for track days and hill climbs!

Its running almost 200 bhp and has coilovers etc!

Thanks a lot matt

172 Race Car
Beacuse you supply them or for a technical reason? How do they differ from the quaife? A diff is on the shopping list for our race car this winter

A gripper is a clutch type which is better for track where as a Quafe is an ATB and is more suited to the road.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I read in a thread on hear that the grippers will still work if you lift an inside wheel, where as the quaife wont, but the quaife is maintenance free. The gripper needs servicing every x miles. From the way that thread went people seemed to say the gripper was better for more serious usage (which would prob suit the OP and Burp). For track days etc... the quaife seems the better bet, kinda plug and play if you get what I mean.

This is all from what I read, I have no actual experience. I will have a search for the thread now.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
Beacuse you supply them or for a technical reason? How do they differ from the quaife? A diff is on the shopping list for our race car this winter
I sell more quaife than gripper diffs but on track I believe the gripper is better on a road car I would recommend a quaife over the plated gripper. On my iphone at the moment so full replies are tedious! I'll do a proper reply when I get on my pc later

E63, 172 track toy
the gripper would be far superior for hillclimbs. theyre brilliant, i had one in my g40