ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lucky escape

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
On my way home from work on Friday I was going around a bend on a dual carriageway and the car just didn't grip whatsoever (road was wet) and slid out wide onto gravel on the side of the road, car zig zagged left then right sharply and sent me sideways into the centre reservation / bushes before rolling at which point I don't remember anything until waking up strapped in upside down before being dragged out by someone who had stopped and just lying at the side of the road until the emergency services came..........

Absolutely gutted:dapprove: but I realize how lucky I am to have just walked away without a scratch or bruise although my back has started playing up since - car is obviously a write-off

Can anyone tell me roughly how long it will take my insurance company to make an offer for my car - it was dropped off at their approved garage today to be assessed!!

10072009055.gif

13072009056.gif

13072009057.gif

Clio
Good effort.

Glad your ok. I think most insurance companies will settle in a fortnight if there isn't an outstanding police investigation or someone else involved in the claim. Well they have done with me anyway.

Clio MK3 Work in progress
s**t mate, looked like a nice motor, but glad your ok. Car can be replaced easily. When i wrote my car off in november, took about 5 weeks in total for the offer and then the money to be transfered into my bank.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Who are you insured with?

directline - heard they are pretty easy to deal with....no-one else was involved and there is no police investigation so I'm hoping i'll hear back from them within 2 weeks

thanks for the comments.......

ITB'd 182...
Garage will fax estimate over to them, their engineers will assess the estimate, then will pass to the total loss team who will check everything over in regards to your policy/licsense then will give you a call and offer you some monies ;)

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Garage will fax estimate over to them, their engineers will assess the estimate, then will pass to the total loss team who will check everything over in regards to your policy/licsense then will give you a call and offer you some monies ;)

cool thanks for that..........

330Ci (Fail)Sport
In my experience, a week or so for the offer, then a couple of weeks for the cheque to arrive.

Try to get a higher value with proof from autotrader adverts if you can, I've heard you'd have to prove it was higher value than their offer to actually get more.

A ANIMAL
good effort, glad your ok.

Seems to be a lot meeting their makers lately - but at least everyone has been ok so far *touches wood* and that the old girls stand up in a crash.

f**king legend mate, glad your alright and the car saved your ass.. Proper scary pictures they are.

Giulietta 940
At the risk of sounding like a nob, it makes me sad looking at those pics. But on the other hand at least your alright.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
What car are you getting to replace the 182 with?.

I'm already thinking of getting a Monaco Blue 172 with turini's..............

I couldn't believe how well it withstood the impact - as bad as it looks on the outside, inside everything was intact and nothing crumpled or gave way.

Thanks for all the comments guys!!

Last edited:
  320d
Wrote mine off last friday.

Cheques in the post, im with admiral, cant say fairer than that :(

What did you get for the PH1 if you don't mind me asking? Just as an approximate book figure would help in my decision to search for TPFT or FC quotes on one.

In reply to the OP it was a lucky escape but its a reason why I want another Clio. They are a very safe car to be in, i've seen some nasty pics of accidents on here with several rolled etc but the occupants have only had minor injuries, obviously your not immortal in them and other cars are safer but they hold up pretty well imo.

impreza sti prodrive
been lucky there mate,

i feel your pain, yours was a better effort than my old 182
6e_1_b.jpg

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Just a quick UPDATE:

Heard back from the garage yesterday who said it was a write off which I knew but today I got a call from the guy who assesses the car for directline. He told me that he was going to value my car at £6.5k. Now I have read never accept the first offer but I was chuffed to bits with that.

Car was 2004 "54" plate - had done 37k miles - just serviced and new PE2's tyres. Once my excess of £750 (ouch) has come off it will be £5750 which will get me a nice Monaco 172 and a bit of change.

Do you think I should hold out for more or take the first offer...........also I'm really impressed with how quick directline have dealt with it.

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
compare it to what in the market

Have done - was thinking £6k would have been a reasonable offer. Don't know whether to hold out for more though?

Parkers
Original Price £14,700
Franchised Dealer £7,305
Independent Dealer £6,840
Private Good £5,970
Private Poor £4,430
Part Exchange £5,040