ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lumpy idle. missfire?

Clio 182
Hi iv just got myself a 182 sport ph2 and it has abit of a lump idle, feels to me like a missfire but the revs dont change, its smooth accelerating and definately no loss of power. iv read the ECU for fault codes at work but nothing. anyone have any ideas? or suffered a similar issue? thanks.

53 Clio's & counting
How bad is it mate? Does it jump circa 200 rpm up and down? Can you see the rev counter needle moving?

These tend to be a little lumpy on idle, and if you have come from a differnt car (For example a Gernman car) then it would seem quite lumpy

E36 328i
Mine has similar. Pops at the exhaust frequently on idle, definately not just the lumpy idle. It's going into a speciallist on here tomorrow for a cambelt and he's looking at the idle issue too, I'll let you know what's said.

Clio 182
How bad is it mate? Does it jump circa 200 rpm up and down? Can you see the rev counter needle moving?

These tend to be a little lumpy on idle, and if you have come from a differnt car (For example a Gernman car) then it would seem quite lumpy

thats the thing the revs dont move at all there spot on. last car was an old megane with a heap of problems so it still feels smooth in comparison.

Clio 182
Mine has similar. Pops at the exhaust frequently on idle, definately not just the lumpy idle. It's going into a speciallist on here tomorrow for a cambelt and he's looking at the idle issue too, I'll let you know what's said.
Thanks im interested to know. mine isnt popping just jiggles abit really could be helpful though.

inferno 182.
mine idles perfect! little flat down low and pops and bangs(over fuel?) with no loss of power!!!! no fault codes! took the head off and needs a engine!!!!
morel to this story is, dont trust sensors and get your engine checket properley!
Probably injectors , just changed mine and it run lovely now.