ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lumpy idle/small vibration (meg r26)

Megane r26
Right had me r26 f1 for a couple of months nearly now and loved it from the word go, great step up from a string of RS clios.

Now it had a few issues when I bought it nothing major, set of injectors (common chuffing) so I changed them.

Engine mounts causing vibrations, sorted that.

But still got another tiny issue that's bugging me and I'm struggling to get to the bottom of it.

At idle when warm there's still a small vibration at idle, raise the revs a little it goes and it isn't apparent anywhere else in the rev range

It's not a misfire and there's no codes, whilst logging the live data after just pulling up (bout 15 minute mixed drive) it was showing 20 degrees inlet temp which seems very low for to me, the car is standard by the way

Megane r26
Nah did it f**k mate, hence my suspicion pal. Gonna log it again on way home in morning

If it's the same I'll get the meter on it and resistance test it

Last edited:
  172 cup, Impreza P1
Meganes don't have air temp sensors so maybe it's just a nominal value Renault put on it.

Megane r26
Meganes don't have air temp sensors so maybe it's just a nominal value Renault put on it.

They do, it's on the plastic boost pipe just before the rubber house that goes on to the thottle body. Air temp sender

Here's a pic

82AF6DB2-4B84-4D76-99D4-93752BAE8AC3_zpshld5qc8t.png

Megane r26
Also noticed when I plugged the scanner in and started reading values the coolant temp sensor was showing 30 degrees

The car had been switch off for 9 hours and it was 7 in the morning, after further logging I think the inlets seem about right but I'm gonna go for another spin in a bit

Megane r26
DMF was the cause of the last one I had in.

Now I was suspecting this too but I thought it would remain as the engine revs are increased from past experience. A little bit of throttle and it's non excitant. I'm going to go down the r26r solid flywheel and clutch before I even begin tinkering for more power

Really want to get to the bottom of it as it's annoying

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Now I was suspecting this too but I thought it would remain as the engine revs are increased from past experience. A little bit of throttle and it's non excitant. I'm going to go down the r26r solid flywheel and clutch before I even begin tinkering for more power

Really want to get to the bottom of it as it's annoying
You'd be surprised at the noises they make mate and how soon they disappear! Laddo at works golf used to rattle it's bag off ticking over until you breathed on the throttle and it stopped. Left idling for another 30 seconds or so and it started up again. R26 R setup is the best way forward imo.

Assuming that it is a solid flywheel! We know where to get one if not. ;)

Megane r26
You'd be surprised at the noises they make mate and how soon they disappear! Laddo at works golf used to rattle it's bag off ticking over until you breathed on the throttle and it stopped. Left idling for another 30 seconds or so and it started up again. R26 R setup is the best way forward imo.

Assuming that it is a solid flywheel! We know where to get one if not. ;)

Yeah this is it shag, you know I've changed me fair few dmf's in me time ;) I did suspect it but that was the only symtom

Yeah there's own one person I'll be getting a flywheel off haha, no doubt when I come back from Italy now haha

172 cup, Impreza P1
They do, it's on the plastic boost pipe just before the rubber house that goes on to the thottle body. Air temp sender

Here's a pic

Ahh, when I had mine I never had any of the boost pipework and couldn't see anywhere on the inlet manifold it could go.