ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lumpy Idle / Startup

Renault Clio
Hi all,
Need some (potentially simple) advice.

I bought my 2003, 1.4 Clio 3 years ago (an upgrade is well needed, yes, i know) when it was on 72k, it's now on 103k. Since I've had it, it hasn't really put a foot wrong, few issues here and there. HOWEVER... this is something that has been an issue since i bought the car, i just never looked into it or cared.

When starting the car up, normally only after it has been really cold weather or the car has just sat there for near on a week, it struggles to keep idle revs. The revs kind of pulse and fluctuate, as if its idling lumpy. After 5 minutes or so, it is fine. In some cases, normally where it has sat there for 2 weeks or it has been in the minus degrees out, it stalls 2 or 3 times and i have to sit there revving the brains out of it for a few minutes.

Since i have had it, it's had oil / spark plug changes and Renault themselves don't even know. They thought it could be throttle bodies etc but that was a no after changing them.

Any advice would be help, I am spending some time & TLC on the poor thing tomorrow.

Cheers all!

Luke