ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lumpy running with ac on

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Hey.

noticed today that when I have the ac on the car idles rough and also between 1 k and 2k rpm the engine is lumpy as your progress.

turn ac off and it's instantly fine.

!ac works fine. Ice cold

I noticed that the sensor plugged into it has bare copy wires.
Any ideas?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Not exactly chaps.

Its mostly how i feel it.

With the AC off the Idle is ok, The car vibrates some but thats down to the Powerflex Dogbone.
WIth the AC on the Idle is ok ish, The car vibrates much more. And the idle needle drops slightly.

The main issue is when AC is off the revs and the feel of the engine through 1-2k is smooth.
When you Turn AC on this feel is hesitant and there is a lumpy feeling felt via the Gear stick and via my feet throughout the 1-2k range.

Oh and im at a stand still and i rev to say 3k and hold it, when the AC is then turned on it drops to 2.5k lol. Looks like the AC pump is too hard to push and the engine is struggling. (well its not but you know what i mean)

And I swear I smelt burning rubber when stuck in traffic yesterday, but that may have been from a car upfront.

I had to sort that Wire issue so i stopped up and moved the wires and checked the aux belt and all looked ok. No burning rubber smell or tatty belt signs.

Would the fact the sensor plugged into the AC pump having its wires stripped be the cause?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I suppose my car is similar, my gearbox speedo sensor is playing up so sometimes the needle works and sometimes doesn't. When the needle drops say sat at 70mph, i get a little 'boost', and when the needle comes back alive i feel it die a little. Weird.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Seems odd, It will be something daft, hopefully. Have you googled the issue atall mate?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I have had a quick google, People saying similar things mention the AC pump clutch plate worn, or bearings worn. But the Pully has no movement.

But as with most online threads, the results are not posted.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP