ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lunar eclipse tips?

182FF with cup packs
As there's a lunar eclipse tomorrow (15 June) I thought it's be a good opportunity to break out my tripod and give my new 1.4x teleconvertor a shot.

Anyone tried getting shots of a lunar eclipse before? I'm especially interested in getting it in its transition from full eclipse to none (as the transition in occurs below the horizon I can only really take shots of it coming out of eclipse), which might be more of a challenge as it will be pretty high contrast between the areas.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg
Hadn't realised this was going to happen tomorrow night. Thanks for the heads up on that!:D
Just looked at the weather for the south east tomorrow evening and it's going to be cloudy. Bloody great!:mad:

Looks like it starts around 10 pm until midnight.

As I am obviously going to miss it, i look forward to others pictures.

CLIO Iceberg 172
a good solid tripod and a 300mm lens and if you can do it, a laptop and shoot remotly.. you want to manualy focus and minimise vibrations.
fingers crossed its a clear night.

182FF with cup packs
Hadn't realised this was going to happen tomorrow night. Thanks for the heads up on that!:D
Just looked at the weather for the south east tomorrow evening and it's going to be cloudy. Bloody great!:mad:

Looks like it starts around 10 pm until midnight.

As I am obviously going to miss it, i look forward to others pictures.

It starts earlier than that, It'll be in totality from when it rises at about 9:15 until about just after 10pm, but doesn't fully exit eclipse until about midnight.

If you're not able to see it directly, but are at a computer, Slooh are doing a free live feed from around the world. They've also done a free android app so you can watch it on the go.

There's some more info on it here (shameless plug, my blog :) )