ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY 182 comes back to Bristol

LY 182
Hi all!

Before last Christmas I owned a RB 182.

low_res_front_left.jpg

A few weeks before Christmas the auxiliary belt snapped which, in turn, took out the cam belt, this was at about 50mph so you can guess the damage. I had already replaced the engine previously after another engine failure, bad luck I know! :(

Therefore I was not happy sourcing a new engine as there were a few other problems it which I felt were going to cost me far too much, so I decided to break her! :dead:

IMG_0500.jpgIMG_0502.jpgIMG_0573.jpgIMG_0599.jpg

Well it had been 8 months since I owned the 182 and was driving a Megane which I had zero love for. It was just a car to get from A to B and need to keep it while I moved 3 months ago. So I decided to look into getting a another car, one that I could enjoy. I looked into Mark V R32, Honda S2000 (was about to go with this until I found out about insurance!), Audi S3 and others, nothing seemed to cut it for a combination of price/economy/performance/fun. As you can guess I looked again at a 182, which I never thought I would, but why not?

That's when I came across FunkyMunky's and Bubbles' LY 182. Quick PM to see it was still available and then arranged a viewing/test drive. After seeing such a fantastic example of a 182, I can't describe how well looked after this car is, all receipts/correspondence/paper work documented. Paint work is immaculate and interior is perfect. So I put a deposit down...

IMG_0434.jpgIMG_0440.jpgIMG_0442.jpgIMG_0444.jpgIMG_0446.jpgIMG_0448.jpgIMG_0438.jpgIMG_0436.jpg

Just cleaned for the first time, sorry about the quality of the pictures, only had the phone to hand. After driving it again I remembered why I fell in love with these cars.

I would like to thank FunkyMunky and Bubbles for all there time during the selling process, a lovely couple! They were extremely professional and honest and I can't thank them enough!!

Cheers,

Tim

P.S. This car was originally from Bristol so hence the title. ;)

350z, Subaru Legacy
Looks really nice mate, I would love a LY - maybe an R26.. hmm

Would also love another RB 182 - but they seem to be cursed lol.

LY182/NHB CTR
Well done :) and you certainly do have a very fine example of a LY182 I can recall Bubbles back when I owned my 172 that car has been very well cared and looked after..

LY 182
Thanks guys!

Thanks Tom, it's completely standard engine wise and to be honest I think I will keep it that way as if I wanted something quicker, I might as well have bought a faster car. It does have a Pro Speed exhaust which is so much better than standard! Want to look at getting some Trophy Recaros.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to say it sounded throaty. I had my exhaust made by prospeed. Best place for miles imo.

Enjoy it.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
:eek:

Were touched by the nice comments!

We love our cars and always take great pride and care with them, and its so nice to hear you're so happy with it.. it was a gorgeous example and we know its gone to a great home!

She was my 2nd Liquid 182.. i loved the first so much i think Gareth (Funkymunky) was happy to let me have some time with a 2nd.. it was was far better than the first!

We've gone through many cars in the past few years, but she remained with us for over a year!! (the people who know us will know how rare that is!)

Glad you're happy with her Tim, we miss it alot!

LY182/NHB CTR
Lol mine needs a fair bit of paintwork done. Which for LY = £££ :dapprove:

Only the front end need a front bumper as this one is cracked etc so would probably go for a front end respray at some stage... but far too many things to do on it to get it back to driving nicely first sadly not everyone loved thier car as much as Bubbles ;)

We should arrange a group buy for respray ;)

One of the first things I did was book the car in with Charlie at Pro Speed ;)

LY 182
I was going to say it sounded throaty. I had my exhaust made by prospeed. Best place for miles imo.

Enjoy it.

Yes, much better than the RS192 I had on my old one, thanks Tom!

:eek:

Were touched by the nice comments!

We love our cars and always take great pride and care with them, and its so nice to hear you're so happy with it.. it was a gorgeous example and we know its gone to a great home!

She was my 2nd Liquid 182.. i loved the first so much i think Gareth (Funkymunky) was happy to let me have some time with a 2nd.. it was was far better than the first!

We've gone through many cars in the past few years, but she remained with us for over a year!! (the people who know us will know how rare that is!)

Glad you're happy with her Tim, we miss it alot!

Thanks, I'll keep updating here on ClioSport.

What a lovely example!

Thanks mate!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I sold that when it was Brand new, to my Mate Matt. :D

Nice to see its back, he'll be devastated. Said it was the worst automotive decision he's ever made! lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Original bill of sale, including your business card is still in all the paperwork!

You didn't give him much discount ;)

we were selling 182's like you wouldn't believe. He's lucky he got any discount!!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
great Audit trail-

Daniel + 1st owner
Me + 2nd owner ( bubble)

new owner

S

LY 182
Fap fap fap. Lovely car fella

lol thanks dude!

I sold that when it was Brand new, to my Mate Matt. :D

Nice to see its back, he'll be devastated. Said it was the worst automotive decision he's ever made! lol.

I think everyone on ClioSport owns the car a little. ;)

Awesome Tim, we've all had a fair few of them now lol.

Will no doubt see you around!

Thanks Andy, very true, think it's an addiction! What you driving these days?

Looks very good that mate, I'm sure I saw that at UWE yesterday, correct me if I'm wrong!

Thanks! That's the one, you a student there?

awesome colour ;) lol

I wonder why you say that? :D

LY 182
Good choice mate! Looks lush. Rb and LY are by far the best colours

Cheers Chris, agreed my two favourite colours. ;)

Yea I am, was just at the gym yesterday, parked next to yours while my mate was going into the main building! Love the bullets and knew it was someone from here because of them! What do you do at UWE if you don't mind me asking?

Oh fair play, I'll have to keep an eye out for you. I work in IT within Business and Law mate.

very nice, love the colour

Thanks! :)

I now want a ly 182, off to autotrader i go
This car is stunning

lol thanks. Not happy with yours?