ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY 182 Values

Exige, M140i
Hi all. I am looking for a good condition, well cared for (relatively) low mileage LY 182. What should I be expecting to pay for one with sub 80k miles, FSH and clean condition?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Not quite made it to the moon yet and definitely not immaculate. But agreed more about maintenance that mileage.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I wouldnt be so worried about mileage as long as it's been well cared for, look at @Coops Mk1 RB for example, it's been the moon and back but is immaculate
I however am a massive hypocrite, low-ish mileage flamer but pretty rough cosmetically

If you had wanted one a couple of months ago Ant1 had one (by his own admission it was not a minter) But apart from that, I've not seen one for sale for a long time.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
I’ve been on the lookout for a good one for a while now myself. Ant1’s had a little too much bodywork sorting for me to take on.

There has been an absolute minter on PH (and then Ebay) recently for 7.5k, but it may have now sold.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
You don't see LY's for sale now and the last one I saw was around 100k miles, which sold almost instantly on facebook!

I love the color but always been struck by Inferno Orange so I was far happier with my purchase, I had a good price but had to travel nearly 4 hours each way! Worth it in every way though :) Good luck searching but I think if your hearts set on a LY, you need to push the mileage thing out of your mind when one comes up for sale.

Exige, M140i
I’ve been on the lookout for a good one for a while now myself. Ant1’s had a little too much bodywork sorting for me to take on.

There has been an absolute minter on PH (and then Ebay) recently for 7.5k, but it may have now sold.

interesting. Do you remember the mileage of the one on PH?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Personal don't think the 182 looks that good in LY. Though I don't think I've ever seen one in person. So maybe I can't really comment. I do like the colour on other models though.

For the money they go for, I'd rather have a trophy.

Saying that I wanted a silver 182 late time around and ended up settling for a RB cup.

Exige, M140i
Personal don't think the 182 looks that good in LY. Though I don't think I've ever seen one in person. So maybe I can't really comment. I do like the colour on other models though.

For the money they go for, I'd rather have a trophy.

Saying that I wanted a silver 182 late time around and ended up settling for a RB cup.

Head says Trophy, but I just don’t like the colour.

I do also like the RB 182’s..

Clio 182
Massively overpriced, could buy a low mile silver one like the guy above and spend 2k on a LY paintjob and still have change!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
My mate has a 172 sprayed Liquid Yellow. He hates it, the paint is spot on but he has a crack in his wing and bumper and cant be fucked paying the stupid money to get some spare ones painted

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
interesting. Do you remember the mileage of the one on PH?

I believe it could be the same car, but I cant confirm this though. PH's was a private sale at £7250, maybe a month or two ago. The owner was a collector and active on the Cliosport fb page - I think his name was George. I checked again a couple of weeks ago and it was no longer on PH, but being sold on ebay for £7500 through a dealer. The dealer ended the listing within the last week or so, but I can link the advert -

Again, I don't know if they are both the same car, but I would presume so...

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
They dont exist anymore.
I keep messaging an owner on here to sell me hers buts shes gone AWOL for the last year :(

The mint one on Ebay I sold 3 years ago for £5k odd on 66k
Then 2 years before that when I had it on 50k I sold it for £5k - I only paid 2500 but it needed £1k of paint on the front end due to a big scratch- but of course then it was brand new again.

Here was the photo & an LY V6

DFC5D8A3-776F-4CB1-8D65-8818F3B6CE51.jpeg

EFEAADB3-7234-49D3-860B-BC985BA64D26.jpeg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
They dont exist anymore.
I keep messaging an owner on here to sell me hers buts shes gone AWOL for the last year :(

The mint one on Ebay I sold 3 years ago for £5k odd on 66k
Then 2 years before that when I had it on 50k I sold it for £5k - I only paid 2500 but it needed £1k of paint on the front end due to a big scratch- but of course then it was brand new again.

Here was the photo & an LY V6

View attachment 1439177

View attachment 1439176
@LY_Kimmy_182 ? She will never sell that show pony, and who could blame her? There must be a couple more like hers tucked away but the chance of buying one is tiny.
If you want low miles and LY there's a 172 cup knocking about that's not been used much that a lick of yellow would make it a good one.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Sold mine about a year ago for £3200. Think it was on 90k or so.

Think I sold it just before they started going up in price, typically.

Then again, I did put something like 30k miles on it in 5 years and got back exactly what I bought it for, swings and roundabouts.

I miss it a lot, but I'd never have another one as a daily, just not very comfortable, the seating position was murder on my back.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I just took a trip down memory lane at some of the 182s I sold in 2009 / 2010 -
4 invoices
All price range £6775 -7750
They were all about 30-40k

Just think they would be worth the same today

I used to drive them all to @Birchdown to get the belts done

FED4EB92-0BF9-46A3-B41E-954311E6AC57.jpeg

LY_Kimmy_182

ClioSport Club Member
  Liquid Yellow 182
@LY_Kimmy_182 ? She will never sell that show pony, and who could blame her? There must be a couple more like hers tucked away but the chance of buying one is tiny.
If you want low miles and LY there's a 172 cup knocking about that's not been used much that a lick of yellow would make it a good one.

Hi! Mines sitting in a garage at the moment on 65 all original paint, only goes to Clio sport festival and for an MOT, the odd run out. Sad really but there’s too many idiots on the road and always get targeted by boy racers. The thought has crossed my mind to sell but I’d probably end up regretting it plus the fact I don’t know the value. Cheers for the mention [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Hi! Mines sitting in a garage at the moment on 65 all original paint, only goes to Clio sport festival and for an MOT, the odd run out. Sad really but there’s too many idiots on the road and always get targeted by boy racers. The thought has crossed my mind to sell but I’d probably end up regretting it plus the fact I don’t know the value. Cheers for the mention [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's always a pleasure to see it at csf, and yourself of course 👍. If you put it up for dance you'd have no peace, the messages would never stop 😂. Best to keep it safe in the garage.

182 clio
Ly imo is not the best colour.
Nor the rest of the people buying clios when new!
Petrol blue imo is by far the best colour.
Any of the blues look really good to be fair.