ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M Factory LSD install

Clio Sport 172
Hi all from down under, I'm having an M Factory LSD installed in my JC5 gearbox. Unfortunately I wasn't made aware of the machining required to change over the crown wheel (maybe not the correct terminology for in a fwd box). The gearbox guy wants me to get the machining done but finding someone that has done one before is a bit difficult. Can anyone help with any details / pic of the machining required and how the crown wheel is held on the LSD? It appears it will just be an interference fit. Cheers.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Although looking at this, it looks like it is like the Quaife where you have slots machined into the CW to accept ball bearings that sit in the recess

1643888814014.png

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You’ve got 2 choices:

Machine 2 half moons 180 degrees apart in the crownwheel.

Or

Heat the crownwheel up and drop it on the diff. Couple of 1 inch long welds to keep it secure - job done.

I’ve done both ways.