ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M.P.G

artic blue 182 cup
Was just wondering what mpg people are seeing with a de-cat and and BMC induction kit if they are running this set up? I've just fitted these both this weekend and havn't really driven it yet. And did reset my trip computer but is giving false reading, i believe, so far. But it is dropping slowly. Anyway, enough of the long wind. So waht are you guys guys seeing? Cheers, Ben

a turbo'd yellow car
20-24 if foot is down 24/7 29-34 if im taking it easy

with full yozza system with decat and viper filter

artic blue 182 cup
ah brilliant. Thats alot better than i thought i would be getting. Did anyones exhaust gas monitor light come on after fitting a de cat pipe? If so how did you get rid of it if you did? Did you try an ecu code reader to reset it?

Monaco RS Clio 172
does decat really eat that much more petrol?

I grant you I get 24ish MPG with foot down, but with normal driving, 30-35 is easily achievable and petrol-save style driving ie to work and back, I achieve above 38, usually 40-42 MPG.

will a decat (yes I am considering one as my MOT is due soon so after that is an ideal time right) increase fuel consumption -that- much?

artic blue 182 cup
Well a de cat would decrease fuel consumption. Or so i have always believed. Before i fitted it i was always seeing about 35-39 mpg. But i reset the trip computer after having it and it dropped to 31 but i was driving quite hard cos i wanted to hear the sound of it. It does sound bloody amazing though. Raspy low down and then when it gets higher it seems to almost get lower and more throaty. Love it!

Monaco RS Clio 172
well my simota is immensely noisy but.. yes indeed.. extra noise can only be a good thing

especially more raspy - rally sound ftw :p

artic blue 182 cup
Yeah i can honestly say you wont be dissapointed dude. Which de cat you going for? Not that it will make any difference. Just i went for a k-tec one but wasn't overly impressed with the thread for the lambda sensor so i had to run a tap through it before cos it was sharp as f***. Just to be on the safe side cos i did not want that cross threading or ruining the thread in any way.

a turbo'd yellow car
it brings it down but not to bad! all dipends how you drive the car!

ow and you cant get a 182 ff cup ;) just cup packed

I did 37mpg on a motorway run to Germany but that was taking it pretty easy. Mostly never see higher than 30 though. I think it's on 28 at the moment. Did a crazy autobahn run into Holland after a reset and it read 17-18.

Golf GTD Mk7
dont think the decat would make that much difference for economy. It would probably effect it if you have a mod specific remap i'm guessing.