ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

m3 battering an evo

2005 Impreza WRX STI
it suprised me tbh, i would have thought the evo would do better! the nobs in the evo must have been gutted slagging the m3 driver off!haha

Last edited:
  RB 200 Cup!
hmm - must have been a new evo but one of those 260 bhp ones cos if it was the FQ440 then the M3 would have been eating dust

evo driver looked a bit of a t**t anyway

BMW M4; S1000 RR
:D

M3 aren't light ?? Sure not Clio light, but no car bigger than a Clio is. M3s are very quick cars.

I'll find you guys the CSL vs CLK55 AMG ;) A proper competitor.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Timmay said:
hmm - must have been a new evo but one of those 260 bhp ones cos if it was the FQ440 then the M3 would have been eating dust

evo driver looked a bit of a tw*t anyway

fq440:S

Audi TT 3.2 V6
evo driver looked like he didnt know what he was doing and sounded like a bellend. "oh s**t dude, race, oh s**t" u dont have to race if u dont wana u clown

ST
Guy in the evo had it coming to him, his gay friend didn't even know the M3 was rear wheel drive ffs!!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
M3 is almost definately standard. Didn't even use launch control so was probably a manual or the guy didn't see the evo as a challenge.

Lol you say there's quite a few turbo M3s... Where in america ?? I'm sure there are, but there's probably ten thousand times more stock M3s with minor adjustments.

Either way, no point as we'll never know the exact figures of either car. Just that M3s are quicker than Mitsis.

T

the_devil

$torm Rider said:
Whats to say that the M3 wasnt super/turbo charged? Quite a few are State side.

there is a guy in the gym i use that has a 3.2litre M3 that is supercharged from the factory. He did live in america for a bit but bought car over here

BMW M4; S1000 RR
the_devil said:
there is a guy in the gym i use that has a 3.2litre M3 that is supercharged from the factory. He did live in america for a bit but bought car over here

From what factory lol ??? BMW won't add a supercharger for you.

2005 Impreza WRX STI
i cant see why ppl are jumping to conclusions about the m3. as said, they are quick! i dont think it was turbo'd/supercharged

Clio 172 mk2
That's just down to driver.....I don't believe it's supercharged either...it's a 5 second 0-60 and 150mph plus car.

The only place where the M3 would theotically be quicker than the evo is 100 plus where the big displacement unit comes into it's own.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
m3 0-100 12.3 seconds......that certainly aint slow, once they hit 3rd gear the beemer is away. quality stuff! evo driver was a knob

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
What EVO was it though?
FQ400 would see off the M3 no problem probably even the FQ340

FQ340- 0-60 4.4 secs and 250 BHP/Ton

M3- 0-60 5.1 secs and 219 BHP/Ton

A Euro'd one...
Maybe the M3 was stock and it was down to the driver, but ive driven both, an E46 M3 and an Evo 6. The Evo definitely won it hands down even in lower speeds. The acceleration was much more brutal than the M3s. Either way the M3 is still sh1t hot and showed the knob in the Evo up.

Leon Cupra 300
M3's rock. evos only generally feel quicker because of the boost. i FQ340 etc will have an M3 but a 300 wuldnt have a chance.

Clio 172 mk2
What's all this evo hating BS going on?

Still a quicker A - B all weather car on normal british roads for average joe to drive.

M3 much more refined though and actually has a decent interior lol..the evos has always been c**p

Pikey Truck
Ive driven the E46 M3 both the manual and triptronic... and it defo aint shy but there must have been something done to that one to beat an evo even it was an fq 300...!