ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M3 Protection Detail

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Did a protection detail on this M3.

A few weeks back the owner asked me to carry out a correction detail but in the end he decided to give it a go himself.

To be fair he hasn't done a bad job at all. There's still a few light swirls but compared to what it was like when I saw it before it's massively improved.

He contacted me this week to ask if I could clean it as he wanted it looking good for the weekend.

Started off with snow foam and then washed using 2 bucket method.

The owner told me he had decontaminated it and clay'd recently but I still decided to give it a blast of iron x and tar x before rinsing and and giving it a second wash.

I then Iron x'd and de-tarred the wheels as there were quite a few tar spots and also some quite large lumps of tar in a couple of places.

After a quick whizz around with the trusty Asda drying towels I wanted to give the paint a bit of love and got out one of my most favourite products, Prima Amigo :hearteyes:. Gave the whole car a quick glaze using a Scholl concepts black waffle finishing pad on my Megs DA.

Then it was time for the LSP. I opted to use Hydro2 which is another one of my favourite products and I was really really pleased with the end result.

Here's a few pics :up:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Looks awesome Dave. Going to have to get some Prima Amigo , in terms of amount of cut how abrasive is it.

A friend of the wife brought her car for me to sort out last week, a shitty 2010 corsa . It had never been washed and always parked under trees. The thing was full of moss and algae. She had reversed it into a hedge and had a few car park scrapes so the paintwork was riddled with scratches. I wet sanded almost the whole car as it would have taken an ages to get rid of the scratches otherwise. After the wet sand (with2500 grit) I polished the whole thing with my das pro and it came up pretty much perfect. She was astonished and I was too. Im definitely going to wet sand more now, perhaps even on my car. It probably cut a 4 day job down to 2 hours.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Looks awesome Dave. Going to have to get some Prima Amigo , in terms of amount of cut how abrasive is it.

A friend of the wife brought her car for me to sort out last week, a shitty 2010 corsa . It had never been washed and always parked under trees. The thing was full of moss and algae. She had reversed it into a hedge and had a few car park scrapes so the paintwork was riddled with scratches. I wet sanded almost the whole car as it would have taken an ages to get rid of the scratches otherwise. After the wet sand (with2500 grit) I polished the whole thing with my das pro and it came up pretty much perfect. She was astonished and I was too. Im definitely going to wet sand more now, perhaps even on my car. It probably cut a 4 day job down to 2 hours.

Prima is very low abrasive mate. Contains fillers and gives a really awesome slick looking finish. I highly recommend it :up:

I think I might get my old man to bring his corsa round and try out wet sanding on that. He doesn't really give a fook about it so it wouldn't matter greatly if it went spectacularly wrong. It would be nice to get some real epic correction without having to spend days using the DA.

I also want to get to grips with a rotary but will need to get some tuition. Think I might have to tap @Scrooge up for a quick lesson :cool:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nice job again dude :)

Shame you didn't get to do the correction, 50/50 and before/afters on black are special!

More than happy to show you round a rotary, PDG is a must!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks good.
Very rare car in a normal black, most are the horrible carbon black. Looks very tame from the back with no badge!