ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M5 Now Decked!

E39 M5 & Corsa track
looks great, was looking at suspension for mine the other week, can get some decent deals on the pss kits now.

what coilovers you using?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well not a good start to the morning. The so called good Rep Garage damaged my car. First 5 miles of my drive today I could hear a bad rubbing noise so thought I would nail it on the head straight away and take it back for adjustment. Got there at 7.30AM and got the car on the ramp (Good guys I thought) 10 mins later they said the could find nothing wrong and no rubbing. At this point I was a bit suspect as I also had no sound from my Stereo since they did they work yesterday and this noise was noy not normal. Drove off down the road and BANG! I knew exactly what it was as I have had this on my Evos, so pulled over, checked the undercarriage and it's completely smashed to pieces on one corner hence the noise. This was one mile from there garage. I went f**king nuts and the guy was so nervous on the phone I think he s**t himself. They obviously hit the courner at some point and hoped I would not notice. They would of clearly spotted this on the ramp, it's that bad.

So now I am stuck waiting for the car to be towed back ( Car can't be driven) so they can fix it foc.

If I have known I would of fitted them myself, just couldn't be arsed at the time

I hope they are also going to repair the damaged supports on the bumper that holds the undertray which have also snapped off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have soooooooo much work to do today and I'm going to be stuck at garrage/home untill they f**king fix it

Last edited:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
forgive my lack of knowledge, but whats a courner? and what broke exactly?

Corner :eek:

They must of grounded the car at some point whilst doing the work. This cracked the plastic under carrage at the front and it was rubbing against the wheel (hence the noise) than it gave way wrapping one side of the undertray + the arch liner around the wheel. Also the plastic lugs in the bumper which you attach the undertray have also ripped off and can't be repaired.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Does it not mean it was simply too low ? lol

No, it means you need to be carefull with high curbs when you park. I checked the clearence yesterday with regards to speed bumps and it's fine.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
so they drove it and bumped it on a kerb or something?

f**ked if I know :mad: The Owners wife drove it to a alignment shop which took 2hrs so could of been done there. All I know is that I'm a fanatic when it comes to my cars over any squeaks, bumps etc and if it was me that caused the damage, I would know about it.

Simply awesome, spot on mate!!

lol that's almost as awesome as that time you replied with congratulations to a marriage thread, only to realise the thread had been bumped with a divorce update.

Bad news fella. This is why I personally think lowering road cars sucks :(

TTRS & V50
Incredibly nervous when any garage gets my car on the ramp, i constantly remind them of the height, lol.

s**t time a bout the damage.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
lol that's almost as awesome as that time you replied with congratulations to a marriage thread, only to realise the thread had been bumped with a divorce update.

Bad news fella. This is why I personally think lowering road cars sucks :(

Aye is a massive negative for someone who is not used to a car this low, but I have been driving them setup like this for years.

Just a real pain in the Ass when it goes wrong and it's not your fault :dead:

Yeah I guess. I personally just prefer driving around knowing that the car was designed to navigate normal ramps and bumps that it's likely to encounter. Sack driving at 1mph over a speed bump.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
^^^ Yep not everyones taste but works well for me ^^^

Well just picked up the car, now running no under tray. Needed 2 new control arms, Geo, new under carrage, & front bumper painted.

Got the car back now which is the main thing and they will do the rest next week when the car goes in for it's Anti roll bar kit.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
I left my M3 in to get a geo done and it took them a coupe of hours freeing up the arms so unless they managed to break them while sorting yours out?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I left my M3 in to get a geo done and it took them a coupe of hours freeing up the arms so unless they managed to break them while sorting yours out?

Maybe. Aslong as it's good as new after I take her in next week I don't care. Just want to get on and keep modding :cool: not being held back due to someone else errors :(

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
I have no idea and I don't want to know :mad:

Because the control arm bushes are only supposed to be tensioned up when the car is in its static position, if you lower any bmw with the twin control arm set up (or essentially any car with rubber arm/wishbone bushes) you are supposed to untorque the bush bolts then retorque after the car is lowered so that the bushes are not under tension when the car sits down lower than it was previously, obviously its static posistion is by the looks of things approx 2" lower than previously so the bushes would have been under tension even with the car unloaded..