ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mac Book Pro Case

M135i
hi all. Ive finally got my 13" Mac Book Pro tonight :)

a couple of things...

what case would you recommend
any anti virus you can point me in the direction of?
also newsgroups, and newsreader software that is mac compatible.

other than that its just trying to get used to it. I love it already though!

Fiat Panda 100hp
Cracking computers the 13" pros are. Getting myself one soon too.

Look for Incase cases, I have one and there really good.

You don't need AV. I've had my mac book for 18 months now and never done a reinstall of the OS or anything, no crashes, pop ups viruses.

In terms of Newsgroups theres slim pickings for Mac users, I use Unison which is not bad, but no match compared with Grab it + Quickpar on windows.

You like the 4 finger swipe to clear the desktop?

M135i
Ben, thanks for that mate. Not had chance to play about with it yet I've been out most of the evening. I'll be on it tomorrow thought. I'll give unison a go.

Schweppy, those cases look fooking ace. Nice and cheap too.

Thanks both for your advice on the anti virus

is there any other essential stuff I need for it?

SchwepTek™
Ummmm most softwares in the box.

Utorrent is great for torrents.
Cabos good for P2P.
Adium is the best IM.

Then I use office for mac, iLife, etc.

Perian is a great divx/avi codec for QuickTime.

Think that's it other than a few small apps I use to make life easier. Will post them up tomorrow when my MB is to hand.

SchwepTek™
Used transmission for the past year or 2 but just switched to utorrent. Interface is better and it's sooooo much quicker.

M135i
cheers all. i'm hoping to get to grips with it all more today, so far i'm very impressed, everything just works!

got a nice little discount too which was nice :)

B

Brown.

Used transmission for the past year or 2 but just switched to utorrent. Interface is better and it's sooooo much quicker.

weird, am the other way lol.... must be connection....

ad suggest trying both as both are very good!!

'02 Monaco Blue 172
I use transmission on my imac and was much better than utorrent and a few others I tried. Best to try and see what works best for you!

Megane
If you do want an anti virus then Clam XAV is quite good, although most virus's are written for Windows, OSX ones are becoming more popular as the user base increases.
Just make sure you don't download from any dodgy sites.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Well done, the MBP 13" is awesome. I bought one in June. Register online for a cheap Snow Leopard upgrade if you have not done so already, I think it costs £7.50

sabnzbd+ for newsgroups... also download sabnzbdX addon which put the icon into the menu bar rarther than the dock.

M135i
right, used unison for newsgroups, tis does the job for what i need. Just ordered one of those fabulous sleeves that Schweppy said about.

just need to get lightroom now and ill ber set :)

this thing rules. fook going back to windoze ever.