ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mac Trojan/virus

dk

911 GTS Cab
I used DK's technique for identifying an infection mentioned on the first page and got 'does not exist' on both counts.

Just installed the latest software update from Apple and it identified and removed Flashback from my system. Oh.

What could it have done?

sure it didn't just say this....

This Java security update removes the most common variants of the Flashback malware.This update also configures the Java web plug-in to disable the automatic execution of Java applets. Users may re-enable automatic execution of Java applets using the Java Preferences application. If the Java web plug-in detects that no applets have been run for an extended period of time it will again disable Java applets.
This update is recommended for all Mac users with Java installed.
For details about this update see: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5242

S3, Polo
^ I'm 100% certain it didn't say that.

A small pop-up came up after the update process had completed that said something like:

"Apple malware 'FlashbackTrojan.iv' detected and removed - blah blah" and there was an 'OK' or 'Finish' button on the pop-up.

dk

911 GTS Cab
oh right, i just did the same update and it just came up with that, apparently norton has come up with a tool to remove it now too.