ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MacBook Pro - What's it worth?

So, after deciding that I 'need' an iPad Mini in my life, i'm in a conundrum with my current MacBook Pro.

It's 2 years old now, so i'm getting ready for a refresh imo. My plan was to always, when I could afford to, get an iMac (for proper work etc) and an iPad (for general browsing etc). I'm such a fanboy.

So, here's the model of my current MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 13" Mid-20102.4 GHz Core 2 Duo (P8600)
apple-macbook-pro-13_09.jpg
Intro Date:April 13, 2010Disc Date:February 24, 2011
Order No:MC374LL/AModel No:A1278 (EMC 2351*)
Subfamily:Mid-2010 13"Model ID:MacBookPro7,1
Std RAM:4 GBStd VRAM:256 MB
Std Storage:250 GB (5400 RPM)Std Optical:8X DL "SuperDrive"

What would you think that it's generally worth? Still has 1 year left on the Apple Care that I bought for it too.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Considering a new, better spec, MBP is £850 on the student site, with a 3 year warranty, I'd say more like £500.

But used ones can go for silly money, so you never know.

Personally I'd keep it, there are times when the iPad just doesn't cut it and you don't want to have to go use the iMac, so a MB is ideal.

Hmm. If I could get £600 for it, id definitely sell it.

I've wanted an iMac for atleast a year now though, MikeDOT. Plus, i'm way more productive when I actually sit at a desk on a computer to do work. On my MacBook, ill end up sitting in bed and procrastinating. Like now, for example. I need to get some work done, before work... lol

I think having an iPad and iMac will sort me out.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not saying don't get the iMac, just that the 3 complement each other perfectly.

I like working in bed, so couldn't be without a macbook :eek:

The sale of the MBP would fund the iMac tbh. Id either have one or the other.

I stopped doing work in bed in my final year at Uni. Went into the spare room to work. So that I couldn't be disturbed by Xboxs, TVs etc and so that when I was trying to sleep, I didn't think about work so much.

An iPad will be my bed browser and simple work. iMac for the serious stuff. ;)

I doubt you'd get £600 for it mate - not being a 13"

I just sold a 15" macbook pro 2.8ghz with 8gb of ram for £520. I suspect you'd get more around the £500 mark