ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Machine Polishing Prices

W

Willy

Im too much of a wimp to do it myself, incase i take all the paint off :rasp:

What are people charging, or paying to have the clio fully machine polished? :)

Ta

I can find you a reputble detailer near you but as said, you are looking at aout £250-£300!

How bad is your paint? Any photos of any swirls?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
As said Pro Job doing Full Paint Correction is about £250-£300

Member/On the Side Detailer would be about £100

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
As above really, £8 an hour for someone who does it on the side, £25 - £30 for a 'pro'.

Give you an idea, I charge 85 quid for a good going over for members on here. Do it for pleasure rather than anything else. That price covers me for products used and gives me a bit of beer/petrol money for the week.

is that for a full detail or just the polishing part?

Full external detail. No engine/interior.

Wash down inc snow foam
Claying if req
Two stage polishing
Sealent
Wax
Wheels polished and sealed
Tyres dressed
Trims dressed
Windows polished

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
mine only needs a Polish can do the rest me self i just dont own a machine polisher

W

Willy

Hi. Thanks for the replies

Im in Bicester, Oxfordshire :) You might know "Bicester Village" shopping outlet?

My paint is in fairly bad condition, although not sure if its what you gals and girls would call good or bad. Trying to get some pictures up now.

Magpie197, JD, Shadow - If your interested in giving it a go, feel free to pm me :) i'll get the beers ready! :D

W

Willy

Here is a picture of some of the worst paint. Its very dusty, but you can see the defects pretty clearly still;

P210409_1642.gif

Could you get any pics to show the swirling? If you have any that is!

That above doesnt seem too bad, but of course, it depends on how deep it is!

W

Willy

You cant feel them when you run your finger across, whats a good thing I hope :)

Having trouble getting the swirls, will have to attack it tonight with the flash :) although the whole car is one big swirl ha.

Last edited by a moderator:

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Usually if you can't feel it with your fingernail there's a good chance you can remove it or make it less noticeable.