ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Machine polishing

Fabia VRS
Hey i been looking on here bout machine polishing and that it can take out swirl marks. i mentioned this to a mate at work who said he got given one as a present and never used it and said i could have a go with it. my car doesn't have bad swirl marks so would i get away with just using auto glym super resin or is it going to need more than that? Also its only a cheep machine from halfords, problem or not? Any help would be ace!!:)
Cheers

106 GTi
Halfords machine if it is the one I think it will be will not be up to doing any paint correction or swirl removal !

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Halfords machine if it is the one I think it will be will not be up to doing any paint correction or swirl removal !

If its the one i'm thinking of, it won't even remove Fastglass!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The Halfords jobby probably wont have much cut. The Pc/G220 are random orbital polishers which mimic hand movements but faster whereas the Halfords one goes in circles iirc.

It may be ok to apply SRP with but i wouldnt expect massive improvements in swirls, due to the machine and SRP. SRP isnt very abrasive but still a very good polish and will give a good shine on RB(more of a concealer rather than a demolisher). To remove swirls you need a decent machine + more abrasive(ish) polish. If you cant see too many swirls, ( best to see in direct sunlight or petrol station) then use SRP. I still use it as it is a really good polish and does hide a few swirls.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
btw please keep RB pics to a minimum as i miss mine, when it is clean it looks soo nice tis a shame RB isnt very photogenic

Fabia VRS
Thought that might be the case. cant afford a porter cable thingy atm.:( The swirls are't bad only slightly noticable when the light catches um. will they come out by hand polishing? i got some of that new autoglym high def wax that seemed to make them a bit less noticable.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Thought that might be the case. cant afford a porter cable thingy atm.:( The swirls are't bad only slightly noticable when the light catches um. will they come out by hand polishing? i got some of that new autoglym high def wax that seemed to make them a bit less noticable.

SRP wil hide them a tad, If you want to work your Biceps then use Megs Scratch X in small concentrated areas. Where are you in W. Mids i can have a little look?

Fabia VRS
Worcester area. when i got my RB i thought i was like the only one in my area then loads started popin up. lol. so coz im not modifing it wanted to keep it super clean!!:) i think ill save up and get decent machine polisher later in the year. the colour does look the dogs all cleaned up!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Worcester area. when i got my RB i thought i was like the only one in my area then loads started popin up. lol. so coz im not modifing it wanted to keep it super clean!!:) i think ill save up and get decent machine polisher later in the year. the colour does look the dogs all cleaned up!!

Only problem with machine polishing is that it takes alot of time after you set everything up. Just use SRP properly ( go to detalingworld) and you will get good results. Never see any RB in worcs just the same Black/gold with stripes!!

Fabia VRS
Lol im always looking out for RB's. cheers for your help. :) Wat Mk's your vee? ill keep a look out

106 GTi
Riz got banned from Worcester IIRC something to do with a small dog, nakedness in a park.