ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

machining inlet

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
i'm about to machine my inlets and just want to confirm that the amount to be removed is about right.

P210410_1351.jpg

P210410_1352.jpg

P210410_135202.jpg

P210410_135203.jpg

P210410_1353.jpg

and what would be the best bit for a rotary tool(dremel) to do the work.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
what the f**king hell have you bolted to it!

ive not bolted it to anything they were used to help align the template then clamped on

yes but match it to the gasket

isn't the gasket is to big.

Tasty, by machining, do you actually mean dremeling in your shed lol! ;)

that is what i was planning but in my garage;), but with everyones responce on here i'll sack the idea for now. i guess i'll pay somewhere to do the properly at a later date.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
it was a rough template.

I masket the ports, cut it out to the ports and bolt holes. then transfered them to the card. there a bit rough cos i needed to change my scalpel blade.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
i think with a bit of work i could get them to be reasonable/allright lol. ive seen worse.

if do end up doing it i'll post pics up for you all to have a laugh at

fair play for doing it yourself!

if i think i'll be able do it myself i'll give it a go. if i f**k it up i f**k it and learn from mistakes

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
i know what you mean ive seen some proper shocking examples.

if i muller them when i do it i'll just have to buy some new ones, live and learn

To be fair mate you might aswell have a go yourself. The pros will make out its some black art that you'll never get right with a dremel, but thats b****cks.

From the pro ones ive seen the inlet should be matched slightly smaller than the gasket, and you dont need to go any further up than the injector hole.

Megane 2 GT 165
Ports are 50x30 if I remember correctly.
Basicly draw two circles of 30mm diameter 20mm apart and you have a perfect match. (almost)
The gasket port size is at least 1mm bigger than the ports size on the head.

Edit: saying this

portqxv.jpg

Ps. good luck

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 182FF + Cup
Tempted to do this myself too. Just remember it's easier to take a little more off, and practically impossible to put metal back. Take it slow and steady. Using a spare gasket is probably £6 well spent.

ph1 black 172
i have just done this. for the head side i used the gasket and kept to 1mm inside the gasket mark. put it back together on friday night. works perfect.

for the top gasket i used the gasket.

dremel all the ways. 60 grit at about 4000 rpm. got through about 15-20 sanding bits though.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
that doesnt look like a good template if im honest :D

thats cos its not at the moment the second version will be better;)
when i get spare inlet i'll do it then.

main priority at the moment is to get the car running.

inlets can wait