ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magento

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Afternoon all,

I have built websites before using basic HTML, CSS, jQuery and snippets of PHP.... but I have never created a fully fledged eCommerce site. Ive done some research and come to the conclusion that Magento is best suited to my needs/what people recommend. However, I am very picky with regards to how I like things to look.

For you that have had experience with it, how customisable are the templates if you have basic knowledge like me?

Sam

I use it daily dude, have done for a couple of years now. Very easy to use.

In regards to the templates, they are easy, you don't really need any html as you can type into them like you would in a word document, the only time you need coding is if you want to make things a bit more complex than just text or images.

Pop me a pm if you want any info.

I'll PM you the site I run.

As for the site you put, that's do-able in magento, it's basically just built around CMS pages and a product template page.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Cheers man, im pretty new to CMS too. SO thats going to make it fun.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
I've had a look at few of the options.

The most important thing for me will be customisation, and its ease. Magento seems to tick my boxes, but its proving difficult for me to get used to a new platform.