ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Web developers...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hey guys, any recommendations for PHP / HTML / CSS / MySQL frameworks that allow for rapid prototyping of a web-based system that is suited to low-volume CRUD-type transactions?

Basically I don't want to reinvent the wheel (and write a system from scratch), hence a well-supported (free) framework would be ideal. Having very little experience in this area of development I have no idea which frameworks are good / bad in the real world.

I have some old Excel spreadsheets with data that has been migrated to a MySQL database. I now want to prototype a simple web-based interface that allows for CRUD of records (and ideally support authorised user/login support) to access and manipulate that data in the database.

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry @SharkyUK didn't get a notification :p

I'd probably use something with a MVC/MVVM framework and primarily JS - so Backbone/Ember/Knockout.

Or you could go full hipster and do it all on Node, there's some packages that give you an entire framework from minification to the frontend MVVM stuff and will even add auto-CRUD views based on your models.

That's pretty heavy front-end orientated though (or at least JS), as for PHP I've been too long out of it to know anything useful!