ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magnex Exhausts

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi,

New to ClioSport, only just come across the site. Owned an 04 full fat 182 since last Summer and loving every minute.

Considering getting an aftermarket Magnex exhaust (probably the slash cut version) and wondered if anyone had problems with the plod stopping them (I'm in Leeds).

Also, can anyone recommend a retailer in the West Yorkshire area, who also fits Magnex exhausts, and if fitting one requires any other modifications?

Cheers!

172 Cup
Welcome to the club! I'm sure one of the 182 owners will be able to answer your question.

black golf v6 4 motion
i think mine is magnex as it was on when i bought it i have had no probs with the police but from newcastle so can't tell you any retailers in your area sorry

Dazza182 said:
Hi,

New to ClioSport, only just come across the site. Owned an 04 full fat 182 since last Summer and loving every minute.

Considering getting an aftermarket Magnex exhaust (probably the slash cut version) and wondered if anyone had problems with the plod stopping them (I'm in Leeds).

Also, can anyone recommend a retailer in the West Yorkshire area, who also fits Magnex exhausts, and if fitting one requires any other modifications?

Cheers!

why would the plod stop you for having a cat back exhaust?? If you mean because of the increased sound levels, you would need something VERY loud to get pulled. I have a custom cat back exhaust with no centre silencer and its LOUD and have never ahd any problems. Had a decat on for a while as well which made it even louder, again, no problems.

Maz

LY 200
Mine is a magnex mate (pic below)

Luv it :approve:

Attachments

• Car Back.jpg
    Car Back.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 63
  RenaultSport clio 182
theduckeatspork said:
why would the plod stop you for having a cat back exhaust?? If you mean because of the increased sound levels, you would need something VERY loud to get pulled. I have a custom cat back exhaust with no centre silencer and its LOUD and have never ahd any problems. Had a decat on for a while as well which made it even louder, again, no problems.

I've heard some stories of over-enthusiatic plod pulling over owners and trying to do them for "modifying the exhaust system" and "noise pollution". I'm aware it's a bit of a grey area in the law anyway. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced it. The coppers in Leeds are generally sound anyway - I think you've more chance of being pulled when plod haven't got anything better to do.

Thanks for the info.

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
theduckeatspork you can get pulled for just having a not particularly loud cat-back .It just shouldn't happen though. My mates got a MK5 golf gti with an after market cat back and keeps getting pulled in Brum. Its always by some pr*ck though who's only done it to spite him.

RenaultSport clio 182
Maz said:
Mine is a magnex mate (pic below)

Luv it :approve:

Very nice. That's exactly what I'm after. Did you do any other mods to compensate, or can you just fit the exhaust and that's it? As you might have guessed from my comments, I'm a bit of a newcomer to all this.

Maz

LY 200
Dazza182 said:
Very nice. That's exactly what I'm after. Did you do any other mods to compensate, or can you just fit the exhaust and that's it? As you might have guessed from my comments, I'm a bit of a newcomer to all this.

The exhaust was already on when I bought the car mate, not sure what you mean by compensate... lol :D

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
doubt very much you would get pulled for a cat back magnex exhaust, its not loud enough to cause a disturbance, i had a supersprint on my 172 cup, probably the loudest exhaust available and had no problems,

Maz

LY 200
^^ mine sounds sooooooooo sweet now I have the viper on too....

Its mint I luv it ;) lol

Coilovers next....

Ive got the exact exhaust your talking about mate its not really that loud does sound nice though!! Ive also got an ITG panel filter but am well tempted to get some sort of induction kit.........

Rob.

Clio 182
Well Lane Turbo centre in Batley West Yorkshire is a approved Magnex agent. I went there for a full system Magnex supplying and fitting to my Astra Gte, also i found that Halfords are also a supplier for them too. I am wanting to put a Magnex on my 182 as i have always been a nice system without been too noisy, i am abit wary of putting one on at the moment due to the warrenty conditions etc etc
http://www.magnexexhausts.com/

Clio 182
msa182, the Magnex on your 182, how do you find it as in noise and performance increase, i havn't heard one on the 182 before, i can only go by the ones fitted on my old gte and punto gt

RenaultSport clio 182
ren182 said:
Well Lane Turbo centre in Batley West Yorkshire is a approved Magnex agent. I went there for a full system Magnex supplying and fitting to my Astra Gte, also i found that Halfords are also a supplier for them too. I am wanting to put a Magnex on my 182 as i have always been a nice system without been too noisy, i am abit wary of putting one on at the moment due to the warrenty conditions etc etc
http://www.magnexexhausts.com/

Nice one. Cheers mate!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
ren182 said:
msa182, the Magnex on your 182, how do you find it as in noise and performance increase, i havn't heard one on the 182 before, i can only go by the ones fitted on my old gte and punto gt
Performance wise I can't feel any difference, sound difference is only a little louder but not too loud, motorway noise is quite and good for long distance. Also had one fitted to my Punto GT and didn't find much of a difference there!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Thought Magnex had stopped making exhausts, shut down? they started up again now?

they did, a couple of years back they went bust.

however they got bought out and who ever bought them out started production again.

magnex used to be good exhausts but the quality went down hill after the take over

The bump-a-saurus rex (fair play if this was the result of a search though)

Magnex aren't hugely common on here any more but I believe a few are still running them. Performance wise you will see next to no gains bar weight saving from any of them!