ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

magnex hitting axel?

hi guys, my magnex cat back's hitting my rear axel all the time where the backbox joins the center section

anything i can do to stop this? tried moving the center box further onto the cat pipe etc, not working still so i'm unsure

any help appreciated (as long as you dont take the piss like say take it off)

thanks
jonny.

Megane 225
Loosen the Clamp on the back box, use a wooden mallet to beat the centre section up into the backbox pipe. Then redo clamp. I also uprated the mount as the renault 1 is s**t!

BMW M135i
You cut an inch of the cat joining insert that goes in the front of the centre section? Needs cutting to get it to properly fit a Ph2 172 as it doesn't allow it to sit forward enough as standard. Its a piss fitting system but sounds spot on and is fine after a bit of fiddling.

gonna get the center box cut out and then i'll get the place that puts the pipe back in to make it an inch shorter to pull the exhaust back a bit.

LY 182
it dosn't fit the car.
i shortened mine, and if you fit it starting at the backbox so it sits perfect and work forward the center section points at the floor

had to cut it and bend it up

BMW M135i
Managed to get mine to fit spot on in the end but took a lot of fiddling with it, cutting 1.5" or so off the cat insert and getting creative with the mounts and it was brilliant. Then I sold the car lol. Still as it comes from the factory it simply just doesn't fit as ditz says.

clio 172
I had the smae issue and resolved it by moving the clamp bolts to the left and doing the exhaust mount mod to raise the system. Magnex on a phase one very heavy.

yeh but i'm away to lower the car 30mm jus ordered my eibach springs from k tec so basically it'll need to be sorted asap as the axel will be basically pushing the exhaust against it.

Ph1
Get the axle stands out. Should only take half a hour max to cut and adjust it or even better, throw it in the bin and get a new system. Magnex are the equivalent of buying a radio cassette player for your car in 2008

Ph1
Too many horror stories with Powerflow. Spend some cash and get a decent off the shelf one from the main lot, GDi, Yozza Ktec - you wont go wrong

BMW M135i
Trouble with powerflow is they're a franchise, you get some good and some bad find a good one and your laughing.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
I've chopped the rear silencer mounts off & moved them so the rear box sits higher - problem is now the hoop of the pipe over the axle now hits the heatshield.....think I'll remove the heatshield and heatwrap the pipe instead!!!

Had nothing but trouble with the Magnex I must admit - good job it only cost me £50!!!

172 & RSi
Take it to your local garage/exhaust place, had the same problem after fitting my coilovers. Local garage took the whole exhaust off for me and started again basically, rewelded it, fitted and everything for 25 notes, can't argue with that.

that's not bad :D i'm fitting my eibach 30mm springs soon as they arrive so that'll make the exhaust worse i presume :( booked into powerflow for the 1st november